Tuesday, July 22
Letter from Sister:
Dear All,
Not sure what I've written so far, but when we got to Fethyie we boarded a 100ft yacht sailing us to Myra over 4 days. We stopped at the main stops; Butterfly Valley - with the pissiest waterfall - not work the 2Mill we paid to trek 20 minutes to see, Olu Deniz - gorgeous blue lagoon, Kas, Kalkan - I think this was where the sunken city was...it was so much fun, jumping off the boat into the water, snorkelling, surf skiing - some of the guys even went para gliding. Felt like such a rockstar sunning on the deck - everyone on our boat was awesome too - heaps of Aussies - a shit reminder of what I'm going back too, but they were all so much fun and absolutely lovely - as us Melbourne people are.
Am finally in Olympos. It is sooooooooo beautiful. First night after the yacht and I got 'still sickness' - it was weird, felt like the world was swaying. We stayed in a treehouse for the night - one of the American guys got stung by a Scorpion and that was it for us...we are now in a bungalow with ensuite shower and its great! So many insects...if you ever come here bring the RID. It's enormously hot and the walk to the beach, which in only 10 mins, feels like 2 hours. Go to the last market on the road before the entrance to the park and get a frozen bottle of water - they're the only people who do it! The walk is sooo worth the effort coz after paying the arsehole entrance fee into the national park you find yourself walking though trees that have grown amongst the ruins (second century B.C.) and fresh water brooks that run into a little inlet that leads to the beach. It's fabulous coz you go for a dip into the Agean which is luke warm and extra salty, then you jump straight into chilly fresh water to cool off and wash off all the salt. Its so refreshing, almost like your own natural mini Turkish bath.
We've met heaps of Aussies on the yacht, all from Melbourne. Anyhow it was one of the 'Melbourne Grammar' girls' 22nd Birthday - do I feel old - last night and we headed to the Orange bar which is a little club built right in front of a huge cliff face. It was wicked, a few tequila shots and some funky house and we were all set. I was sooooooo plastered and talking codshit - as per usual - and apparently could not walk in a straight line. I don't remember parts of the night which has never happened before so I've decided no more tequila - for tonight anyway, he, he, my headache is almost gone and I don't think I brain my damaged.
Nothing else to report so far. Tonight's going to be lazy, as is every other night. We're heading to see Chimera - it's where flames shoot out of
volcanic rock, they used to light the Olympic torch there.Should be good. Better fly need a sleep before dinner...god I don't know how I'm going to function back in the real world.
miss u all
Lil' Lotus xox
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ERgh! Mum and Dad are sooo proud of her. They're like 'Oh wow! See, she's getting out there! Doing things!' and I'm like 'HELLO, remember me the daughter who doesn't drink and doesn't go out clubbing and doesn't have anonymous sex with strangers and doesn't gets pregant and gets good...well, reasonable grades'. (My sister didn't do any of that either but still...) Bloody hell. Mary adores her and tells me I should like her. *stares* She does not have a sister and cannot compare. I'm sorry, but puh-lease! Not my sister. Not my perfect sister who's only fault was sitting on me and nearly squashing me to death, before she got thin. Jesus, if she tried to squash me again I'd probably throw her into the mirror. I may be fat but I'm strong. *Does macho pose - stops* Sorry for scaring you. She's just so damn annoying sometimes. 'Having a great time, missing you'. Oh yea right! She got to stay in a treehouse, not fair. I'm stuck here dreading bloody IB exams. Well fuck her. *pisses off*
M.M.W

