Tuesday, August 19
I think I have a fascination with angels. I guess its that beauty they possess, that inner grace and elegance I really and truly crave. Thinking about the 'real Little Mermaid' and realised that Ariel was just really using the Prince and that she never really loved him and deserved to die. And how gross was Cinderella? I don't want to be a faery tale princess anymore. Not that I wanted to be it in the first place.
Karen is coming back. Countdown to middle of September. About (11+15 =?) 26 days left, almost a month but less till she comes roaring home. Mum's getting her room all neat again, as mum has been stuffing her books in Karen's bookshelf as her bookshelf has all ready overfilled. If you don't all ready know, I don't want my sister to come back. I really, really don't want her to come back. Moreso than some other people *glares at Em*.
Kidding!
Putting up some POTC quotes cause they're so funny and I haven't even seen the movie yet. I hate Australia! Wah!:
Barbossa: [talking to Will Turner] Who are you?
Jack Sparrow: No one. He's no one. Aunt's nephew's cousin twice removed on my mother's side. Lovely singing voice. Eunuch.
[At gunpoint, Jack Sparrow forces Elizabeth Swann to reattach his sword and compass to his belt. She pulls the belt tight.]
Jack Sparrow: Easy on the goods, darling.
Will Turner: She goes free!
Barbossa: What's in your head, boy?
Will Turner: She goes free.
Barbossa: You've only got one shot and we can't die.
Jack Sparrow: Don't do anything stupid!
Will Turner: You can't.
[points gun at his own throat]
Will Turner: I can!
Jack Sparrow: Like that
Will Turner: This is either madness... or brilliance.
Jack Sparrow: It's remarkable how often those two traits coincide
Jack Sparrow: Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest... Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly...stupid.
Will Turner: We're going to steal a ship? That ship?
Jack Sparrow: Commandeer! We're going to commandeer that ship. Nautical term
Barbossa: Thank you, Jack.
Jack Sparrow: You're welcome.
Barbossa: Oh, not you. We named the monkey Jack
Jack Sparrow: [looking at all the swords] Who makes all these?
Will Turner: I do! And I practice with them three hours a day!
Jack Sparrow: You need to find yourself a girl mate. Or perhaps the reason you practice three hours a day is that you already found one, and are otherwise incapable of wooing said strumpet. You're not a eunuch are you?
Will Turner: I practice three hours a day, so when I meet a pirate, I can kill it
Jack Sparrow: If you were waiting for the opportune moment, that was it.
Will Turner: Where's Elizabeth?
Jack Sparrow: She's safe, just like I promised. She's all set to marry Norrington, just like she promised. And you get to die for her, just like you promised. So we're all men of our word really... except for Elizabeth, who is in fact, a woman
Jack Sparrow: [after Will draws his sword] ] Put it away, son. Its not worth you getting beat again.
Will Turner: You didn't beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement. In a fair fight, I'd kill you.
Jack Sparrow: That's not much incentive for me to fight fair, then, is it?
Elizabeth Swann: Captain Barbossa, I am here to negotiate the cessation of hostilities against Port Royal.
Barbossa: There were a lot of long words in there, miss. We're naught but humble pirates. What is it that you want?
Elizabeth Swann: I want you to leave and never come back.
Barbossa: I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request. Means "no."
Jack Sparrow: [to Governor Weatherby Swann] We've reached a special place... Spiritually... ecumenically... grammatically
Barbarossa (Geoffrey Rush) and Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) get all these awesome fun lines and Will Turner (O.B) only gets one line and the rest he's being made fun of. Oh well, Johnny Depp went through that when he was young...and not wearing eyeliner.
~ M.M.W ~

