Thursday, October 2

Oh my lord! I totally forgot! Forgive me! I didn't do a REVIEW of the FORSYTHE SAGA: TO LET!

Okay, well I didn;t do it for the first one, but the first one was so depressing. But I liked Soames compared to everyone else who was in love with Irene and...I'll save it for the Review.

!!!Review!!!

Okay. So I was a bit depressed at the start, I mean Jon(lyon?) and dear, Fleur fall in love. What else do you expect? Its part of the curse, yes? However, it continues to see that now Julian is more of the bad guy than Soames is, Soames hobbles about in the same manner as before, still tied up about money. Cept this time he's got a weakness: Fleur.
Things begin to go bad, Jon runs away. Irene has to remember the horrible things that happened. Fleur begins to show a bad side to Soames. Soames wife, forgot her name, Frenchie lets say falls in love with Monsiour Profond who pretends to like Dartie's wife, forget her name too. Dartie stops gambling, fear of ridicule of his son but dies in a tragic accident and so on.
Okay, anyway main story really ties up in the last episode.
So Jon is determined to marry Fleur, however Julian dies in a two second heart attack and Jon, convinced by Irene and Julian says no to Fleur although his heart is breaking. FLeur collapses, and falls into hatiing her father. She doesn't eat, so Soames calls for his run-away wife. She comes and they sorta reconicle and Fleur agrees to marry former admirer, Michale Mont who showers her with flowers.
Aha, but Jon hears and determines to meet with Fleur. This is a beautiful scene, the first one of three that I loved in the end. What she says:
"I am selfish but at least I'm honest..." and she goes on to relate although she appears dumb she knows and she's grown, she knows they've turned him against her. Their last kiss is really passionate but she says a definite DV ending "I swear I'll forget you, John Forsythe" With all that flaming red hair and flushed face, she definintely reminds me of Ginny.
Second scene I love, was when Soames sees his daughter and she yells at him and then he takes her roughly and tries to explain to her, and ends up falling apart. Its beautiful and Damien whatever is a great actor, a great Soames actually. What he says is heart breaking about how Irene looks at him 'and whenever she sees me, i know that's shes only thinking of that'. Stays with you man. Fleur forgives him and they reconcile! So this is reconciliation no. 2 for Soames.
Third and final scene of the film, which marks the greatest of the entire series is the reconcilation between SOames and Irene.
He goes to thier house to give her a piece of art and finds her renting out Robin Hill and her son gone abroad, off to sulk I suppose. Anyway, they talk a little and she smiles at him. And right before he leaves, she puts out her hand to shake it, the first time she has and the first time he hasn't. Beautiful ending. Last thing said stays with you too, 'Actually, he didn't want anything..."

10/10. Wow! That was a great ending. Usually films and such have crap endings but I must say that was much better than the book where Soames is gazing at the graves. I would ahve rathered a recon with Irene than not at all. NIce one guys! Corny as it is.

~ M.M.W. ~


. . . . . . . . . . . .





SABRINA FAIR

20 year old. Student. Writer. Multinational corporation girl. Hopeless romantic who's heart has been broken far too many times. Still, however, searches for Celine's her Jesse.


FABULOUS THINGS

Autumn.
A U T U M N

Before Sunset
B E F O R E S U N S E T

Imogen Heap
I M O G E N H E A P

LJ SECRET
L J S E C R E T

Shoes
S H O E S

Living La Boheme
L I V I N G L A B O H E M E


T H E H I L L S

Sasha Pivovarova
S A S H A P I V O V A R O V A

Europe
E U R O P E

Calvin and Hobbes
C A L V I N A N D H O B B E S

Models
M O D E L S

Marc Jacobs Sunnies
M A R C J A C O B S

ARCHIVES