Wednesday, December 31

Current Mood: Sad.
Current Music: Fabolous - Into you.
Current Quote: "...I will always be a stranger who never feels at home, who does not really want and is not really wanted, who can never belong, who must always be a little in love with death!"
Current Website: Brain of Brian. Great site.

I read this page while I was surfing and it really touched me as I have felt like this sometimes. So I'll put it here.

An intense mesmorization overcame me when I woke up this morning. I was at the home I grew up in, in bed. The place where I feel safe and comfortable; a place where I know I can be who I want to be. There are no masks to put on, nor daggars to dodge. I am lost in a sea of unusual dimensions.

In bed I have no reminders that I work a respectable job, which leaves little dignity at the end of the day. Nor, do I see the scars of long nights, early mornings, verbal abuse, sexaul harassment, or dashed dreams.

Here, I just see me. The usually shy, talkative, dry humored girl, who sings loud, dances to her own beat, and voices her opinion.

Consequently, by the time I get up, I see the reminders of my work in the mirror.

I see the souless eyes stare back at me as I brush my teeth and contemplate putting my contacts in. There is nothing left in the eyes from constant torment from adults and children alike. I see my dry skin crackle as I grab my hair brush, from constant washing to ward off the last high school virus. My hair, although soft, seems to have been forgotten to be teased, as I am always in a constant rush.

Mostly, I see the smileless face that looks like a ghost. The face has been abandoned. The former self has left, and, in place, a zombie-like creature has entered my body. I do not recognize the lines where smiles once were, I do not see the happy glow I once wore. All I see is a pale, unhappy face intensely staring at itself in the mirror.

I look at it and wonder where the happy person has gone. And immediately I know. She has gone into what is called Survival Mode. Experienced by most 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year teachers, it's a state of utter exhasution, and disorientment. The other two 2nd year teachers are experiencing it, and now I am, too. This is why most teachers leave the profession, and unfortunately it's getting to me. I enjoy my students, and most of the faculty, but I am overwhelmed at the mass of paper, parents, disrespectful students and extra-duties assigned. I know I planned on teaching high school for only a little while, yet it feels like I'll never get out of it, alive anyway.

Vacation doesn't even feel like a vacation, it feels like a prison break; just a little time away from the ball and chain.

Yet, I know the moon will set, the sun will rise from its slumber, and I will be given another day. I don't know what will come of it, but I will need to make a decision; will I dare to dream, or will I drown in tidal waves.




. . . . . . . . . . . .





SABRINA FAIR

20 year old. Student. Writer. Multinational corporation girl. Hopeless romantic who's heart has been broken far too many times. Still, however, searches for Celine's her Jesse.


FABULOUS THINGS

Autumn.
A U T U M N

Before Sunset
B E F O R E S U N S E T

Imogen Heap
I M O G E N H E A P

LJ SECRET
L J S E C R E T

Shoes
S H O E S

Living La Boheme
L I V I N G L A B O H E M E


T H E H I L L S

Sasha Pivovarova
S A S H A P I V O V A R O V A

Europe
E U R O P E

Calvin and Hobbes
C A L V I N A N D H O B B E S

Models
M O D E L S

Marc Jacobs Sunnies
M A R C J A C O B S

ARCHIVES