Friday, December 26
*sigh* I'm so tired. I'm seeing ROTK tommorow and I'm revved up for it. ATM (at the moment), Ames and I are working on Serenity, my personal website which I'm quite proud of despite the fact that I'm not at the same time. I'm a little peaked about seeing ROTK tommorow because it is the last time that I will ever feel this way about this movie, I don't think there will ever be a movie again like this that can make me feel so emotionally high without it being criminally depressing and still make me feel warm and tingly.
My sister left today on holiday, she's going to Sydney and then to Hamilton (hey! maybe she'll see Carman). I met her boyfriend when he stayed for Christmas dinner, I like him better than Peter because he certainly seems more amiable. Also he's not as daunting although very tall, I don't know how my sister kisses him without 3 inch heels. He's very nice and I can tell he's quite humorous because he laughed at one of my jokes (Ames: Oh...he must be then. NOT!). And he got me TTT dvd which makes him super so there. He passed in my books. But I still like Sam better, we got to know each other so well in England that he used to pick me up and pretend that if I wasn't good he would drop me down the stairs. Haha. Sounds violent but it was so funny. (Ames: My brother used to do that, but he actually dropped me down the stairs. Me: Hence your weirdness. ^_^ Ames: Shut your mouth, mellie.) That also reminds me of the time that Karen and I drank 8 glasses of water each and then stuck my huge kiddie pillows under our tops and our backs and then bumped into each other pretending to be sumo wrestlers. God that was a great day...night.
Earlier today, as Mum wouldn't take me to the boxing day sales, Mary and I were discussing the similarities between WIllow and LOTR. There's Frodo who's like Willow, small and has to take a big journey upon himself featuring a baby who he has to protect, like the ring. Madmartigan is like Aragorn, the big human (as Willow is not a human, just a i don't know) who is funnier than Aragorn but is exactly like him:
Quote:
Willow: You're a warrior and a swordsman. And you're 10 times bigger than I am, Stupid!
Dom and Billy (or Merry and Pippin) are the two really small pixie creatures called Rool and Franjean, they are so funny and obscessed about food, hence like Merry and Pippin.
Quote:
Rool: We'll never catch up with those horses!
Franjean: Then we will have to track them.
Rool: That would take forever. Besides, even if we found them, they'd capture us, stick us in cages, torture us and then finally devour us!
Franjean: Are you suggesting we go home?
Rool: Nah, this is more fun.
Franjean: All right, fine then. Come on!
Although I can't say Sorsha is like Arwen, she's more like Eowyn, the swordmaiden of Rohan. Very fiery and falls in love with Madmartigan despite what her mother wants. Oh and because her mother's a queen, when they get married he becomes King. Aha. Ahh, I almost forgot, Meegosh is like Sam (who resembles Durnik), follower of Willow and good all round friend, although he's a tad sturdier and runs away a whole lot easier. And finally, Fin Raziel and Cherlindrea who is both a mix of Gandalf and Galadriel.
Quote:
Cherlidrean to Willow: Elora Danan must survive. She must fulfill her destiny and destroy Queen Bavmorda. Her power grows like an evil plague. Unless she is stopped, Bavmorda will control the lives of your village, your children, everyone. All creatures of good heart need your help, Willow. The choice is yours
Another bit of trivia, watching various docs of both movies, I found that Willow was filmed in NZ and that the wood where Frodo and Sam first meet and fall with merry and Pippin is indeed Willow's wood where they shot a lot of stuff. And originall, George Lucas was going to make Willow into a trilogy. Hrum? So cool, huh?
Except for the fact that while Willow barely made enough at the box office to cover costs, LOTR made enough to rocket even those few into stardom (OrlandoBloomHOtness came to life).
Cool, no?
~ M.M.W ~

