Wednesday, January 28
Current Mood:
Shocked.
*laughs* One of my two new e-mail and it begins
Dear Doo, *laughs* OKay, that's what I called my name when I signed up on this thing. Muahaha. Oh dear.
Guess what, darlings? I go back tommorow. Ames is non-existent, I think she's trying to forget about it as much as she can while Em, Mariah and I are moping.
AHHHH!!!! Here is what shocks me about the Oscars. For best male lead, they have Sir Ben Kingsley for House of Sand and Fog (Loved him in Triumph of Love, which btw, has this really cute guy...but without the long hair, puhlease!), Sean Penn for Mystic River (well deserved!), Jude Law for Cold Mountain (well that got all that stupid hype, what did one suspect?), Bill Murray for Lost in Translation (arty film, they need an arty film!) and ...and...and...and...NOT Russel Crowe but...but...the for the other seafaring adventure, PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN, Johnny Depp...*SCREAMS*
*calms* Okay, okay. I know Johnny Depp is a great actor. Examples: Edward Scissorhands (which he did when he was very young), Donnie Brasco (is not totally overplayed by the great Al Pacino) and lots of other things, which would be mostly gothic horror Tim Burton stuff. (Btw, Tim Burton is like Einstein and Quentin Tarantino, but mixed. Hee.) BUT...its just the movie. Pirates, look I LOVE Pirates, I love it because it starrs my beloved, I love it because Anna and I have been waiting for the pirates to return with their maties to the sea, and its got the swashbuckers swash--buckling. But, story-wise, movie-wise...it is not oscar potential. LOTR is. POTC is not. Just hope I get that clear across. And although JD was wonderful in it, really saved its ass during some bits especially where the amateur acting of the younger two (see! I play my opinions platonic...most of the time!) really bit you on the ass but still...OMG. My eyes nearly popped out of my head when Sue told me. It was like...WHAT? What happened to dear Russ?
Ahhh well, JD hasn't won it yet...I hope he does win it. Maybe just to inspire Daniel Radcliffe, that if the acting is good...it don't matter how shite the movie was.
~ M.M.W who is ducking from flames from the POTC ass-munching fans (Jen, Ames, Mary...hell, everybody!) ~
PS: ROTK got nominated 11 times. As long as it wins best movie and best director, I'm happy. Although since JD got up there, it would have been nice to see Elijah Wood up there. I mean...he did a great portrayal of Frodo baggins. His inane froggy style really got-
*THWAP*
Em: You shut it about froggie!darling!
Mel: *cradles throbbing forehead* Yes, ma'm.

