Sunday, January 4
Up in the sky i watched the Man on the Moon.
I've watched his charm for so many nights,
And he smiled for no one but me.
I fell in love with his light.
I tried to fly higher and higher to my love
sadly...
He grew farther and farther.
Dimmer and Dimmer
I flutter again and again,
Only to rest and find i've just left the gound.
and the moon still above me.
He smiles now for everyone but me.
His eyes intent on the horizion, he's in love with the earth i see.
And i only a speck;
a bump on the skin of his beloved.
I cry to the stars and they come to my side:
Cassiopea, orion, and the dippers.
In the background of my love come to view.
To show me the universe is bigger.
They tell me their stories of love and ever growing hope.
They show me love can be closer than the moon i watch fade above me.
As the night bows to the day,
The stars kiss my tears away.
The moon smiles one last time.
A light sky kissed by roses and song birds calls me to awake.
A dream it seems had taken over me.
And i rise and embrace the sun for one more day.
Wow. I really like this poem. Credit for this poem goes to 'This is a joke, right?'. Go visit if you like.
M.M.W

