Friday, January 23
Just thought I would steal this off Molly:
~
A small and very cute anecdote about Sean Astin, apparently from Rolling Stone:
---
When Astin was sixteen, he decided he wanted a real job. Over the vehement objections of his mother, he spend three months as a movie usher in L.A.'s Westwood district. He loved the work, even putting the butter in the popcorn machine. "I was making $8.25 an hour, and they withheld the tax," he says. "Those checks were more meaningful to me than the $50,000 or the $100,000 that had gone into the bank for acting work, because I understood exactly what I did for it."
On the job, Astin had to wear a blue polyester jacket and a name tag that read PATRICK (his middle name). One night, Corey Feldman, his Goonies co-star, arrived with a large posse for the premiere of his new movie, Lost Boys. As Feldman stepped up to the concession stand, Astin was sweeping up the popcorn under his feet. When Feldman saw him, his jaw just dropped. "Sean?" he asked. Not believing his eyes, he flipped up his sunglasses. "What happened?"
---
Molly's epilogue:
Fast forward to 2004: Sean Astin walks into Burger King to pick up one of the LOTR tie-in mugs with his face on it, and stops and stares in disbelief at the young man sweeping up the fries from the floor. "Corey? What happened?"...
:D
~
Muahahaha.
~ M.M.W who promises to post more...later, perhaps ~

