Friday, January 23
Oh lord. Am reading well a few things...my friends are delirious at seeing me, isn't that a surprise? And so late at night, they must be drunk! *nods* Well at least Ames. She got drunk in Paris and i asked her why she had to go all the way there, to do it and she said, because at least she when everybody slurs in French, they sound cool. Right.
Anyway, reading this interview for LOTR (not my fault! have been made to read it...i know) and oml, they are soo rude to women and older actors!
Here's an extract from the interview with Ian McKellan which kinda freaked Em out, coz she had no idea that they knew about the slash. See, I told you there was a downside to RPS:
TW: What’s the weirdest fan reaction you've had?
IM: Some of them were angry that a gay man was playing Gandalf. They called it Gandalf the Gay and were opposed to my casting. They're ignoramuses who don’t know about acting. I sometimes look at slash material on the internet, same-gender sex stories usually written by young women. They write about Legolas and Aragorn getting it on.
TW: Do you read Gandalf slash?
IM: Well, I'm quite a fan of pornography. I think it's a very good idea. I think it stops people from going out and hurting each other. (This didn't surprise me, me being me...and also have viewed Gods and Monsters. But Em is eeked and even Ames is a little squidy.)
TW: What shocks you?
IM: Newspapers are full of it. That Russia isn't going to ratify the Kyoto agreement is shocking.
TW: We go from porno to politics.
IM: Look, I get asked questions by people and I feel obliged to come up with an answer of some sort that allows me to seem like I know what I'm talking about. I try, on the whole, to only talk about two things on which I'm an expert. One is acting. I've spent the last 40 years doing it. The other is being gay. I've spent the last 64 years doing that. I can speak personally with authority and present a point of view that perhaps other people haven't come across before. When it comes to having views on how to run the film industry, or how to run the world, a system of beliefs, or my vegetarianism, or my private life, I'd better keep off all that, because it's either nobody else's business or I don't know what I'm talking about.
(Oooh...they are so rude!!! Feels so bad. We the public can be very mean. But i guess thats what sells, sick, sick, sick!)
TW: You can't talk about vegetables?
IM: No, because I love pork pies.
Oh and the Liv Tyler one that almost irritated me, although its true. But STILL!
There's not much to talk to Liv Tyler about. She's in Return of the King for about five minutes, which is two and a half percent of the three-hour, 20-minute movie. (intro to interview)
TW: So how has married life changed you?
LT: Aren't we talking about Lord of the Rings?
TW: No offense, but you're only in a few minutes of this movie. (Uhh! Uhh! *scoffs and storms off* NO offence, my ass!)
LT: Well my whole journey with this film has been interesting, because when I originally signed on to do it, Arwen was completely different. Changing her meant I wasn't in the movie nearly as much, but the character would be represented much better and in a more beautiful way that was more appropriate for the story. So I had to be okay with that, and I'm comfortable with it, because I think it's a really important element to the story as a whole, and also to the character of Aragorn.
~ M.M.W who is shocked, shocked...why are they only nice to young actors? (they interviewed froggy earlier, no incidents there!) ~
PS: Ames has just sent me this really, tiddling article that will have Em fuming even more. Apparently the love of her life was sspotted with Pippin at a strip joint....here. Oh dear, oh dear. Today is just not a good day for Em. Or night.
Ames: I don't see Orlando doing things like this.
Me: Amen to that, sista. You know what I'm saying?
Ames: mmmmhmmm...(we are in black!sista mood!)

