Wednesday, April 14
Current Mood:
Tired.
Murphy's Laws La, these are funny.
Some favourites are:
If anything simply cannot go wrong, it will anyway.
Every solution breeds new problems
Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse
Rule of Accuracy: When working toward the solution of a problem, it always helps if you know the answer.
Corollary: Provided, of course, that you know there is a problem.
"Anything dropped in the bathroom will fall in the toilet
The complexity and frustration factor is inversely proportional to how much time you have left to finish, and how important it is.
Yesterday, went to DFO and bought a shitload of clothes. I also have three new pairs of shoes and we only spent $300, which is actually more than I spent on the shitload I bought in Malaysia. So what does that tell you? Two funny things happened yesterday tho.
One, driving by and looking for a car space at DFO and saw the treasurer guy, Peter Costello? Or wait, is it the reverend guy? I dunno. I just recognised him as the politician I see on telly. Okay, it wasn't that funny...nor was it exciting...or even that interesting. Hell, it's kinda lame. But look, I don't live in Hollywood...damnation.
Two, driving back and we were behind this ferarri which was in the lane next to ours and we're about to turn and there's this kid on his bike and he's stopped right in the middle of the road we want to turn into and his jaw drops as the ferarri peels away, he's completely absorbed in staring at this bright red, hot ferarri and my sister honks her horn suddenly, very impatiently at him...he screams in surprises, pedals forward and falls on the curb and my sister just drives away laughing. Twas' very funny. (Btw: I got these cute white ballet shoes. Aww, I love them. *schugs dem*)
Hmm...today was s'posed to go to um...rowing thing but...I sorta didn't. Well maybe it was because:
a) I got told the day before...well actually the night before, and my mum's a bit antsy on impromptu engagmenets on my part.
b) I didn't really feel up to it. Plus mum had to go to market which means I have to take public transport...and...*laughs* okay that's no excuse? Too early? *twitters* Hey! Anna's used that excuse.
c) Hmm...there was an upside to it anyway, they can only have five to a boat and me being there would make six, so...they could all go one boat which is great because hey! they don't have to be split up.
THere was one thing that got me though, I was going to get up and ring Alice early to cancel but I sorta slept it...though I did get a ring at 9:35 which did wake me and it was Alice. And she said, I remember quite clearly too:
"Can't you go or do you just not want to go?" And that bit woke me up, out of my post-sluggish Passion of the Christ movie hangover the night before. It was only later when I was thinking about it, I was wondering why Alice had asked that, why would I not want to go? Hm...I wonder if I'm just over-analysing or was she insinuating anything? Her tone seemed offended at the last, except for the disarming and distracting laugh she usually ends with. Me being the now-expert on laughspeak, I tend to notice when and where people laugh. I could go into it, but it just peaked my interest. I mean, is she mortally offended or does this have a deeper meaning?
Ames: You're over-(Bleeped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).
MV: Hey! Amesie! u know not to over-(BLEEEP!) in my classroom?
Ames: Its a f(bleep!)ing chatroom, for godsakes!
Em: u two! *tuts* mel, she means over-scrutinising!
Me: No, no. I got the drift. *stops over-whatevering* (BLEEP!)
Ya ya. I'll shut up now. Btw, I love lj-cuts which I wish this had. But its too hard...and urgh. I hate posting on lj anyway. And also, I love A.H. (Audrey Hepburn), she is the epitome of sophstication. Definitely. And I also worked out you spell the difference between the pronounciations of tomato. There's 'tomay-to' and 'tomah-to'. Cool, nuh?
*trible rumble* Off to bed.
~ M.M.W ~
PS: Alias was rocking. Can't wait for next eppy, we get some flashbacks. Btw, notice the difference between Sarks and Lauren's accents? She is so not British. Irritatiting. And why oh why do we have to see Sloane half-naked again? Jeez. Get over it! He's old and well...yuck. Sark is still bald. Juh.
PPS: Saw Eternal Sunshine. I LOVE that movie. So next post (one above) will have quotes. Enjoado!

