Wednesday, April 14

Eternal Sunshine Quotes

Clementine: This is it, Joel. It's going to be gone soon.
Joel: I know.
Clementine: What do we do?
Joel: Enjoy it.
(Talking while loosing memories - so poignant and sad!)

Clementine and Joel have broken into an empty house on the Montauk beach]
Joel: I think we should go.
Clementine: No, it's our house! Just tonight...
[she looks at an envelope on the counter]
Clementine: ... we're David and Ruth Laskin. Which one do you want to be? I'd like to be Ruth, but I'm flexible

Joel: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Howard: Well, technically speaking, the operation is brain damage
(All the big-wig reviewers use this in their reviews. E.g. Egbert!)

[Patrick and Stan are discussing Patrick's new relationship with Clementine, whose memory they had erased the week before]
Patrick: Well, when we were doing her last week, I fell in love with her.
Stan: You fell in love with her? She was unconscious.
Patrick: Yeah, but she looked so beautiful... I stole her panties as well.
Stan: You what?
Patrick: Her panties. Well, I mean, they're not... I mean, they were clean and everything
(For some reason during this movie, Elijah Wood (Patrick) just cracked me up. He didn't have a major part but I think the whole whiny, stealy, little-boy part suited him. Its far from pathetic-i-want-sam-gay-hobbit. Don't tell Em! Hee!)

Joel: Sand is overrated.
(Waha! Tell Anakin that!)

Mary: Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders.
[they click glasses]
Mary: Nietzsche. Beyond Good and Evil. Found it my Bartlett's
(Pah! Good quote, bad Nietzsche. Mary: Kirsten Dunst. Small role, but sad.)

Clementine: Joel, I'm not a concept. Too many guys think I'm a concept or I complete them or I'm going to make them alive, but I'm just a fucked up girl who is looking for my own peace of mind. Don't assign me yours.
Joel: I remember that speech really well.
Clementine: I had you pegged, didn't I?
Joel: You had the whole human race pegged.
Clementine: Probably.
Joel: I still thought you were going to save me. Even after that.

Joel: I could die right now, Clem. I'm just... happy. I've never felt that before. I'm just exactly where I want to be.

[Clementine is leading Joel out onto the frozen Charles River]
Joel: I don't know. What if it breaks?
Clementine: What if? Do you really care right now?

Patrick: Mary hates me. I've never been popular with the ladies.
Stan: Maybe if you stopped stealing their panties.
(Hee! Nice one. Take that, hobbit-lover! Oh no, wait that's Em!)


~ M.M.W ~

PS: Funnily enough, they actually made a website out of the company in the film. *searches for url* Here. Lacuna. Okay, enough out of me, g'd night!


. . . . . . . . . . . .





SABRINA FAIR

20 year old. Student. Writer. Multinational corporation girl. Hopeless romantic who's heart has been broken far too many times. Still, however, searches for Celine's her Jesse.


FABULOUS THINGS

Autumn.
A U T U M N

Before Sunset
B E F O R E S U N S E T

Imogen Heap
I M O G E N H E A P

LJ SECRET
L J S E C R E T

Shoes
S H O E S

Living La Boheme
L I V I N G L A B O H E M E


T H E H I L L S

Sasha Pivovarova
S A S H A P I V O V A R O V A

Europe
E U R O P E

Calvin and Hobbes
C A L V I N A N D H O B B E S

Models
M O D E L S

Marc Jacobs Sunnies
M A R C J A C O B S

ARCHIVES