Sunday, July 4
Current Mood:
Exhausted
Current Music: I am - Killing Heidi (OST Spiderman 2)
Current Read: White Teeth
I am out on my own
Moving in shadow
Nobody knows who I am
Standing alone
And its me, but you can't see who I am?
Reading White Teeth right now, actually.
[Entre' -> Irie and Magid are discussing jeans, thus presenting Irie's exemplar, Magid being a complete pain in the arse.]
"They shrink until they fit, Magid. That'll be my guess."
"But Joyce was percipient enough to buy them in precisely the right size, you see? A 32, 24."
"All right, Magid. I don't want to see them. I believe you. So don't shrink them."
"That was my original conclusion, also. But it appears there is no separate procedure to shrinking them. If one washes the jeans, they will simply shrink."
"Fascinating."
"And you appreciate at some juncture the jeans will require washing?"
"What's your point, Magid?"
"Well, do they shrink by some pre-calculated part and if so, by how much? If the amount was not correct, they would open themselves up to some litigation, no? It is no good if they shrink to fit, after all, if they do bit shrink to fit me. There is another possibility, as Jak suggested, that they shrink to the contours of my body.Yet how can such a thing be possible?"
"Well, why don't you get in the fucking bath with the fucking jeans on and see what happens?"
According to Sue her favourite part. Nmmm...funny though. Funny, warm tingling. Yummy stuff. And Christopher Simpson (hah Ames! I got his name before chu!) is so damn hot. Dammit. And talented to boot. Argh. Having read a Zadie Smith (the comical novelist and a Cambridge graduate, and pretty, I hate her) interview, I absolutely love her. Plus:
[Excerpt]
ZS:I just found out about PBS, because I have a TV in the flat I'm renting. I've watched The Forsyte Saga about fifteen times now..
Aahhh! The Forsythe Saga! Fifteen times! *dies* Yes, I said *dies*. Oooh...*squiggles*
~ Next... ~
Saw Spider-man. 2. Yeah. Well, Ebert gave it four...out of four. *eye pops* ROTK got a measley three. What is going on here? Usually he's great with movies.
*reads and muses* Well, oaky...it was a good movie. I don't know why I can never work out when its a good movie or not. It took me two weeks to realise that POTC was a fun, comical, legendary film. I don't know what's wrong with me.
Actually, it was a good movie. It was a complete surprise, I suppose that why's I'm still dumbfounded now. I completely adored the 'raindrops keep falling on my head' part. And I suppose that was the focus of the film, Peter Parker and the burden of Spiderman and thus the toll on his personal life. How do super-heros live? Bruce Wayne was some multi-millionaire, but on the other hand, he had a whole company to run. What about Clark Kent and his job at the newspaper? Its hard. And perhaps even worse for Parker because he's still a kid, searching for himself, love (MJ) and his friends and family (Osbourne and May) and still coming to terms with scars of childhood and insecurities (Uncle Ben). Although there was the parallel story of Doc.Ock which at times felt unfocused and not to much concern, as filler to get the audience (mainly males) hyped again, I still enjoyed it. For lots of women (and non-Tobey Maguire rooters, e.g. me, he looks too much like Frodo, we discussed this after the movie), I think they would have really enjoyed this movie. There were so many human elements in it, so much so it could have been a really great, big-budgeted ROM-COM. Movie talk there. ^_^ It was hilarious too. My friends identifiying the funny parts as their favourite parts, the woman with the violin and the elevator-bit. Lovely really. In sum, really a delightful experience and pleasant and welcome change to the drivel of superhero movies (mostly made by Marvel) being made at the moment. 10/10
One question, why did all my friends want to see it? I've tried plotting for the past week to get them to see it. Nm. Didn't have to.
~ Next... ~
Observation I made on the same superhero line while we were driving to Richmond to get yummy Viet noodles.
Q# Why after an actress wins an Oscar, does she decide to do a super-hero movie?
Is it some after-party, celebratory bet they have with a close friend? "I'm so good, I can do anything now that I've won this..."
Meh. Examples: Halle Berry, 2003 for Monster Ball. Now she's making Catwoman, prophesised to be a disaster, just look to the trailer (Review soon, I'm a bit behind). And Charlize Theron, 2004 for Monster (woah! Two Monsters!). And, wah-la, she's making Aeon Flux. Although I must say...I can't wait to see this! I LOVED Aeon Flux. Although weird anime thing (even before I knew anime was anime) which totally disturbed me, I loved it. Woo!
Enough now. Enough. (guess the line!)
~ M.M.W ~
I'd like to rip you out of your skin
I'd switch us around
And put you back in
And I know, I know, I know
So close but you don't
And its me but you can't see...

