Sunday, August 29

Current Mood:Advertising today has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate, and buying shit we don't need. Fighting
Current Music: Faure - Cantique De Jean Racine (Cambridge Singers)

MC Crowbar(me): Study-time!

Right now, at this very moment I should be in bed, safely alseep, tucked in my stuffed toys and smiling as I dream. Unfortunately I am not.

I am up, finishing this damn survey that has taken me all weekend (and still isn't looking finished) and trying not to stress out that my mocks are in three weeks. THREE FUCKING WEEKS! AHHHH. *screams* Okay, me is calm. In other news, the yearbook is coming along nicely. Remind me, Ames, I need to go to Snap Printing tommorow or pretty soon. I need to check out how much this is going to cost us so I can divide and stretch budget. Shit.

Have been iconisising and have produced one beautiful icon. So beautiful, my eyes just pause to admire it. It was a lot of fucking work and I adore it. I even posted in a community. No I won't tell you, EM and that doesn't mean I'm suddenly making you EW icons. Hell, I've only made one of OB. Its on photobucket account, if you're interested. Along with all my other beautiful new ones I'm so damn proud of. *congratulates self* Well, well. I'm finally good at something. Well not really, you should see the stuff my fellow-iconers do. Wow.

I am loving classical music at the moment. Beethoven's sonatas and Gershwin. I'm moving on to opera actually, after listening to Spoonface Steinberg. Operatta voices really strike at the core of my heart. There's something heart-aching about the piano and those heavenly notes only castrati can reach. Truly, Rice's "voices of heaven". That and Amadeus. Really got me into classical. Although I don't mind being interrupted with Estelle or Amy Lee. Nice break.

Well here's a nice break: Meme: Ten Best Books That Everyone Should Read Okay here goes, darlings (not in any ranking order).

1. Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen
2. 253, Geoff Ryman
3. Belgariad/Mallorean, David Eddings
4. Contest, Mathew Reilly
5. White Teeth, Zadie Smith
6. Catseye, Margaret Atwood
7. Death of a Salesman, Arthur Miller
8. BlackAdder Scripts, Richard Curtis, Ben Elton, Rowan Atkinson
9. Draco Trilogy, Cassandra Claire
10. Paradise Lost, John Milton


Now, I know MV especially will say that Death is a play and that some of these *cough*DracoTrilogy*cough* aren't books, well in some warped way in my mind, they should/are books so shud!dupa you. Right now, to me these are the books everyone should read. Sure I have others, admittedly either for characters or pure fun but they are books that I can pick up at any instance and read and a) they either touch me on some deep level or b) they are comforting and "home". Disagree, go ahead, but they're mine. *clutches*

Now piss off, y'all. We have work to do and I need to go to sleep-bies.

~ M.M.W ~

[Edit]
Wait. Don't piss off. I just, well Mary found this extremely cool thing, us being two closet-RL (real-life) LOTR fanatics as we are. She was helping me find some photos and she came across Ian McKellan's scrapbook of photos from LOTR. He has quite a few of Orlando Bloom, I must say.

Cute. And oh, just makes me envious again. I'd do anything to turn back time and be in NZ when they were shooting. Even if I were one of those growling orcs...anything to be near him...I mean, there. Yes. There. Enjoying the scenery. *gulps*

Mary: Hee. *emails Ames*
Me: Oh you! *glomps* Off to bed with ya, little hobby (kid hobbit in Em-speak).


. . . . . . . . . . . .





SABRINA FAIR

20 year old. Student. Writer. Multinational corporation girl. Hopeless romantic who's heart has been broken far too many times. Still, however, searches for Celine's her Jesse.


FABULOUS THINGS

Autumn.
A U T U M N

Before Sunset
B E F O R E S U N S E T

Imogen Heap
I M O G E N H E A P

LJ SECRET
L J S E C R E T

Shoes
S H O E S

Living La Boheme
L I V I N G L A B O H E M E


T H E H I L L S

Sasha Pivovarova
S A S H A P I V O V A R O V A

Europe
E U R O P E

Calvin and Hobbes
C A L V I N A N D H O B B E S

Models
M O D E L S

Marc Jacobs Sunnies
M A R C J A C O B S

ARCHIVES