Saturday, August 7
Current Mood:
Guilty
Current Music: California - Phantom Planet
Okay. Lots to talk about. So let's do a timeline.
Last Weekend...
Well, unbeknownst to my friends (except for Alice), I snuck off to Monash with other friends. But wait!!! Wait a sec! It wasn't exactly sneaking since I most casually inquired everyone if they wanted to go to Monash together. Here were their replies.
Anna: *lots of murmurring and procrastination* Finally... No, I think I'll go with my parents... *awkward/shy voice*
Cathy: *gruffly, antagonistically always towards me but as usual, she denies it* I think Dad's taking me there.
Sue: I didn't bother asking her. I know her 'stance' on Monash.
Carman was perhaps the only one with a less than disappointing answer, because she wanted to go but couldn't. Although she said she'd call if she could...but she didn't.
No, no, Ames'. I'm not angry as once again my friends have disappointed me. No, not all. I swear to you, I am not. I am not Washington Square "very very angry" or even angsty, I'm just nothing really. Well that's mostly since I arranged before I asked them to go with other friends. And guess what? We had a great, fun, spontaneous time with no fuss and little hassle. It was just splendid. So why should I be unhappy if I had a great time anyway and also checked it out with them in the first place?
While this may be called "fucking paranoia" by some, (Ames: *meeps*) I would just call it an indication of what's going to happen next year. And where exactly we stand as a group now. Especially my position within the group. Yet...*sighs* once again, I must reiterate that I am not angry, although disappointed, I am not angry. I am light. I am air. I am fucking Marsha Brady.
~ Sunday ~
So what did happen?
Well I went with Steph and Jordi, two fellow IBers and I had an awesome time. Steph drove, yes she drove. Which was frightening at first, since we went in her dad's jeep and I kept hitting my head on the roof of the car and Jordi kept giggling but yeah, it was great nonetheless. Steph's dad camewith because Steph is on her P's and while she is good, I think chaperoning is always necessary. And according to Kim, Steph's usual driving is on a tractor and apparently, she's a mad woman! *giggles*
Okay, so we got there. And Jordi whipped out her map that she printed out (and was old anyway) and tried to navigate...unsucessfully. Utilising my limited knowledge of Monash from when I had been to my sister's graduation and the stupid map, which may I emphasise was old, we found the general info building and then split up. My theory for next year is that somehow I'm going to end up with my IB friends more than these friends, because hell, Steph and I want to do the exact same subjects. Ahh competition! Anyway, Jordi left and went on her way to drama, law, music etc while Steph and I paraded around the anatomy museum laughing amusedly (Me: (looking at a wrinkled half-dead body encased in liquid) Oh look! Cute ass!). I think we freaked out some of the students because we didn't go 'Oh icky!' like all the other girls. I was very fascinated with the kidneys. Moving on...
We attended a few lectures after that, behavioural neuroscience, medicine, law etc. And met up with Jordi eventually. It took us a while to find the med building and along the way we met Marie, Eliza, Sarah and Lucy. For lunch, I failed to convince Jordi to get food and somehow, she convinced me not to. It was very intereting. Oh yes, and Steph and I were very disappointed that there was not a psych/law double degree only a law degree with a psych diploma which angered us both. But nevermind.
After my mum dropped Jordi off at her house, Steph came back to mine and we had a real good speel until she had to go. It was nice having someone else other than my usual friends come over. Sounds revolutionous doesn't it? Or should that be melodramaculous? Hee. Oh, now I want to go to Monash and write for Vague. Coolies.
~ Monday
Unfortunately, it seems to me that I am spending less and less time with my non-IB, school friends. And Monday seemed a continuance. During the week, I usually spend more often than not times with other people's friendship groups usually during class or outside. Of course my friends don't know this...well, its not a big deal but doesn't it seem like betrayal? Nevermind, I'm need to depopulate paranoid city here.
Anyway, every week we have tutor group and during the past two years I've had a surprising, growing friendship with four girls in my tutor group class, Amanda, Karen, Jess and Leanne. They're great gals and I think that if I wasn't friends with my friends I would be wtih them (there was that chance in Year 9!). Anyway, to end my CAS with a bang, they convinced me to attend Ozanam House in the city and serve the homeless, drug addicts, those with psychological disorders food, cafeteria style. So after-school, I took a trip to North Melbourne (I procrastinated and thus made us late by playing a game with Katrina and co by swinging the window shut in Spanish and frightening the children outside). Without Amanda thought and with our chaperone, my old Chem teacher, four of us squashed into the back of a taxi cab and we took the most uncomfortable ride of our life to Ozanam House. My mind however was taken off of it by my quite witty parrying with the other girls. Karen and I usually trade insults, although modestly, I confess I'm much better at it. So it was great fun! Eventually we got to OZanam house, and I spent most of it laughing despite being totally frightened by the fact that all the 'homeless people' were men. Although some were old, most were young and well, frightening-looking. Something you see in movies, or the mafia. And my job...well I had to guard the ice-creams and make sure they only took one. Yes. Frightening it was. My heart was leaping of my chest. The frosty on the little ice-cream packets gripped my heart in fear.
And yes, I'm being sarcastic. No need to get smirky, Miss Mary.
It wasn't too bad. Most of them were pretty nice although looking insidious and there were a few comments that made ears and cheeks red (that wasn't caused by the hot food). After that, while they were eating, Jess and I were asked to make 'milk'. No, I wasn't sent to the farms to milk a cow, it was that powdery stuff. Anyway, there were these huge jugs and since Jess is tinier than Carman and I'm about as strong as a sheet of paper, it was quite an interesting task. First I poured a lot of milk on Jess, and then she poured a lot down the sink, and then she splashed and poured it on herself. And I couldn't stop laughing. Finally finishing that task, thankuflly, Jess went back to buttering bread and I served seconds with Leanne. Hot work demands hot food. Leanne and I worked out this rhythm to keep switching between each other and in the end it was like doing a really, wonky but cool dance.
When we finally finished, we got pepsis and walked up to get a five-seater taxi back. However, we had to get a four seater cause it was cold and we were freezing waiting at the Royal Children's Hospital. So, squeezing in again, we took a long time being dragged through the traffic. It was fun though. We talked loads and I spent some of it trying not to spill my drink anywhere. It was one of those close-bonding experiences. My only regret was that Amanda wasn't there to share it with us.
~ Rest of the Week
Okay, good news first. Finished First draft of Psych IA. PRetty good, just have to add justifcations, tone down abstract, slip in shit about standard devation and find theories against emotive words being more accurate. Also, worked out I got siete on my Math Portfolio. WOOOH!!!!
Em: Yes, go you!
Me: *Does a wave*
Mary: YAY!
Ames: Oh shut it!
Poopster. Just annoyed that I worked so hard and didn't get twenty on the final. But it doesn't matter, I am guarenteed a seven anyway. Wooh!
Bad News. Was a 'bad week'. Well not in terms of IB but in terms of my other friends, see above. I guess I was a little irritated at them, and they scapegoated thier own irritation onto me, which is usual. Except for the fact sometimes I just can't stand it. So yes. Tedious little irritations. Oh and Cathy's just a little tooo antagonistic, especially when I'm in a good mood. Its like she goes out of her way to ruin it. *is suspicious* Just becaues I'm paranoid, doesn't mean she isn't out to get me. Hmmm...*laughs* Oh, and I forgot about the Psych Essay on Friday. I freaked out because I hadn't prepared. Argh. Went fine anyway.
Okay. Other than the loads of homework I have to do tonight and tommorow, that's been my week. My classes have been better than usual but yes, I'm quite tired and probly off to bed after I watch X-Men 2. Tah!
~ M.M.W ~
PS:
CALIFORNIAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go OC!

