Monday, September 6

Yes, A'mes. I am going to kill you.

Sorry guys. I know. I'm really sorry about this. It wasn't as bad as A'mes is purporting it to be. But I adored all the lovely messages sent. They were really heart warming. Especially Em's picture of EW crossed out with 'Mel, I luv ya more' at the bottom. I have lots of love!blingbling. *googles*

So an update since this is the first weekend since my exams that I haven't updated...well? So what did happen?

Friday wasn't bad. I was ready to throttle Carman but you know, nm. Steph managed to persuade me to go on the most boring excursion possible to do electrophoresis. The one thing I did get out of it was why Gattaca is called Gattaca. Woo.

Yet all the same, not knowing what awaited me at home. I had an epiphany last night while listening to my new CD. I had no fucking idea about what was happening while I sat on that tram on the way home, or while I sat bored while we electrophoreised. I don't know what would have happened if I went home like I planned to early at 11 o'clock or anything.

Even when I walked up my driveway after tramming home and seeing Karen's car in the driveway, I thought she had just come home because she was sick. But then I walked in and it was like everything was different, like someone had painted the walls pink and yellow and throw sand all over the floor. But it wasn't noticeably different like that, it was the atmosphere, my parent's frightened face as I walked in and I thought, woah, what the fuck is going on?

Well. It should be explanatory. My room was in a mess, my window broken, my mother's heir looms gone. We'd been robbed.

And the fucking, son of a bitch, cunthole bastard had gotten through my room. Sure, my sister reassured me it hadn't been my fault, he'd 'jimmied' (as so eloquently put) my window but it was that he (you can see I'm assuming its a man) had gone through all my things and now I felt dirty, violated. It was disgusting and I hated it. I didn't want to go back in my room.

So I went for a walk. A really long walk to my favourite tree which I sat in and just stared at the sunlight until it got really dark and then I went home. My sister tried to take my mind off of it by staying in and taking me to the video store and out to get dinner while the police came over and took pictures, dusted the windows for fingerprints and took a report. He was really nice, jolly looking Santa Claus guy. But god, I still felt sick.

I think the first night is the worst, you know, lying in your room thinking, he's going to come back. Even with the bats outside as a deterrent, I had nightmares of squeaking hingest and the sound of shattering glass and an evil voice and grimy fingers and terrible eyes, misery of drug-induced greed. I was so frightened. SO scared. And then I thought of Monday.

The next two days were okay. I spent them relaxing with my sister and my mom, lying about as I do but I avoided my room. Cleaning up was tiring though and I still haven't finished. It only struck me on Sunday night that I had homework to do.

So here I am on the dreaded Monday, feeling a little bit better knowing that I have friends who care (*schnugs Ames*) and knowing that we are indeed getting an alarm system now.

~ M.M.W ~


. . . . . . . . . . . .





SABRINA FAIR

20 year old. Student. Writer. Multinational corporation girl. Hopeless romantic who's heart has been broken far too many times. Still, however, searches for Celine's her Jesse.


FABULOUS THINGS

Autumn.
A U T U M N

Before Sunset
B E F O R E S U N S E T

Imogen Heap
I M O G E N H E A P

LJ SECRET
L J S E C R E T

Shoes
S H O E S

Living La Boheme
L I V I N G L A B O H E M E


T H E H I L L S

Sasha Pivovarova
S A S H A P I V O V A R O V A

Europe
E U R O P E

Calvin and Hobbes
C A L V I N A N D H O B B E S

Models
M O D E L S

Marc Jacobs Sunnies
M A R C J A C O B S

ARCHIVES