Monday, October 4
Current Mood:
Focused
Current Music: Second Period Library Chatter, Mutinous but not Crack-Loud
So I said I would post some baby pics....a long long time ago. *checks archives* Yep, long time. Well I would have earlier but I don't exactly own a scanner so, I had to wait to get back from my so called 'holidays'. Heh, just has a flashback from a Friends Episode.
Joey: (Doing the finger quotations) Sorry!
Yeah. Funny episode. Anyway, here are the photos so enjoy me as a little kid and much cuter and sweeter than I am now, I assure you.
Lord, I was one pudgy but nonetheless cute baby. It must be something if even I think I'm cute.
This is my favourite picture of me. I look so happy which happens so infrequently now that I barely recognise happiness. Ahh the simplicity of baby life. Eat, crawl, babble. Eat, crawl, babble. Oh, I forgot poop. But who had constraint then? *grin* Oh, I'll post the pics of my little nephew Kenshin next time and try and cut myself out of them. I'm sooo uglay, increased ten fold by the 10 pounds put on by the camera and the hot weather. I was sweating like a pig there! (And probably was one, the food was excellente!)
~
So its Monday and I'm at School and god it is boring and terrible. Saw my long-lost VCE friends this morning and we all agreed that...omg, how much is CHanel like Alice?Its creepy. They both smile way too much, maybe that's why its creepy. When one smiles at something really sad, I always have that memory of chuckie or Freddy Kreuger or perhaps Elephant, that emotionless, almost stolid drive to do what has to be done. It has inklings of serial killer. Not that I'm making Chanel or Alice out to be serial killers, only that sometimes...its creepy, dude.
Period One, saw my favourite IB friends again, we all sorta grumbled Neanderthal like at one another and grumped, yes grumped, into the Chem room zombie like. Bellino hadn't marked any of our exams, so she had us mark our Paper Ones. I did surprisngly well...but only when I found out that no one got full marks and the highest was a 26, so yayness! (Out of 30, darlings plus one of the questions didn't count, because the teacher conceeded that none of the answers were right and although I *technically* got it wrong, Bellino concurred that she thought my answer was right, so suck! Yes suck to the stupid IB mock Chem exam! Okay, rant over.)
It was kinda embarassing though, because Jen had to look onto mine and of course, Jen's the whiz at chem exams so...yeah. I mean I didn't do too badly, but it was all just blah. Still, I have to pat myself on the back after only having studied the night before and applying over two years worth of chem theory and concepts. So, yes go me! Although I know for a fact I'm not looking forward to this weeks' chem tutor. Gah. Especially when she compares me with Sue's results. NOT my fault, Sue's a genius and does VCE. Not mine. No. So what am I doing now? I'm sitting in my period spare, looking up (yeah right) Psychology Studies (I found one on sexual intercourse so Steph says to bung it into my essay, which I will do because I'm considered sleazy by all my friends - pshaw!), oh and writing this.
~
Saw Vanity Fair. I want that soundtrack! I want it! I want it! Its so beautiful that movie, a lavish England shimmer with Indian luxury. Even the clothes, the colours, the hair. Gah. I love it, just for the visual experience. Oh and the music, especially So Sleeps the Crimson Petal. Omg, want, want, want. That and She Walks in Beauty. Beautiful, beautiful songs. And I think, Reese Witherspoon sings them. On the otherwise, acting was okay. Witherspoon was good, devilish and "trailing wickedness" but she didn't truly live up to the minxish Becky in the book or Natasha Little's coyness. Although Little playing Sheepshanks, had jabs of Becky in her when she was onscreen, especially when she was Rawdon, she was sparking Becky! Gah. I kept laughing to myself at the irony of the situation, it was as if she was observing Witherspoon's performance during the entire get-go. It was interesting. One embarssing thing about Witherspoon's performance, she has a tendency to overact during certain moments, especially when Rawdon leaves her and she completely screeches. Terrible, ear-wrenching moment that made me go red in embarassment for her. Blah. She gets at least 15 mil for this movie, so why should I care?
The boys and Amelia. Romola Garai sure is making a name for herself in movies. Out of Deronda and BBC periods and she's into Dirty Dancing, Nickleby and Vanity Fair, always playing the good girl who goes wrong. She was pleasant in ths film without for the first time, blonde hair, except she was taller than Johnathan Rhys Meyers which was kinda funny, because he's so short and yet so full of himself. As far away from his Bend it Like Beckham character, he carried off John to a good degree, and was believiable, especially when the tension was thick between him and Becky (sexual or other), except sometimes...he looked like a girl, which made me chuckle, along with his shortness. Best out of all three was Rawdon. He was so appealing, so much more than the BBC version, especially when he was with Shanks-lady. And I felt so sorry for him, when he had to let his son go. Oh and the other less notable, although I expected a stronger performance, perhaps if they'd give the Amelia-Dobbin's storyline more screentime was Rhys Ifans as Dobbins. Strangely appealing here (note Notting Hill Character), he was a good Dobbins but surely not the best. Other notables, Eileen Atkins as the head of the house of Crawley, as funny and witty as Lady Bracknell (Judi Dench) with about the same number of aphorisms and Gabriel Byrne (Marquis) who always either makes me hate him or like him, its never the inbetween, though he redeemed himself for being in an Arnie movie. He's much better than that. Although the entire painting side story was entire unnecessary.
Bits I liked? The beginning with She Walks in Beauty. Any part in India, you could just see Mira Nair (director) injecting so much beauty of her culture into a stiff, upper-lip England. Perfect for the time too, considering that this was the time of the trades, East India trading company. The balls, especially the one where she dances with George. Their house, especially that one room with the paintings all along the walls. The first and second ball at the Marquis, where sings So Sleeps the Crimson Petal and the Slave Dance. Coolies. Oh, and the Vauxhall Garden Party, although it looked like George was wooing Joss in the boat. Hee. Gay Narcisstic pouffes.
6/10. Saris to Mira Nair for visual exuberance. It was a tantilising experience, perhaps she should do a cooking movie although periods quite go. Some of the spoken material was silly and certainly I thought the acting would be a bit better (C'mon Broadbent!) but otherwise, a satisfactory movie I will probably rent and buy on DVD. Just so I can ooh and ahh over all the pretty dresses (and so-so pretty boys).
~
End of period, so I have to go. Tah. Oh, and A'mes! I'm soo sorry! Chapel story, next. I promise. I promise. I promise. There I said it three times, I'm committed. (No, not like that crazy girl!)
~ M.M.W ~

