Sunday, October 17
Current Mood:
Scared
Current Music: Super Furry Animals - Hello Sunshine
Exams. Big Fat Finals. In 2. 2. 2! Weeks.
So, I'm going to procrastinate. Procrastinate rules!
~
This is so true. So true. It makes me so laugh so hard because it is so damn true.
~
Eeek. There's a trailer for the EE of ROTK. Anagram Explanation? Extended Essay of Riding On The Tide, a movie by Michael Mayhew. Oh you know I'm lying. Its Extended Edition of Return of the King. Eeek. Eek. Soo cool! *dribbles*
I really needed that. I've been very LOTR-less over the year. Haven't watched the movies once. ONCE! Since I saw ROTK. They have brillant scenes. Like the face-off between Saruman (no! not a digimon! *cackles insanely*), this thing coming out to greet Aragorn's group before final battle, and my ultimate favourite, a scene(s?) between Eowyn and Faramir. Oooh! They were so cute together. I was squeeing all by myself. Em herself is squeeing.
Em: Eeeeeeeeee!
See!
~
A'mes E-Mail Memeness. You actually have the 'How to Make Friends and Influence People!'! You bitch, you!
A Book That You Own that None of Your Friends Own: I've asked around and it seems like I'm the only one in the world that has and has read Dr. Dolittle by that Hugh guy. Was it Hugh? I have no idea. I love that book. Love it. One of my first loves. Don't know it? Its about the guy who talks to animals, but way back, pre-Eddie Murphy. And he's cool. And hip. And totally takes this boy places. Actually...a lot of the time its just him and the boy and...eww. Don't ruin it, A'mes! Don't!
A CD That you Own That None of Your Friends Own: A'mes keeps telling me not to pluralise friends. F*** off, bitchy. Um, probably my two Disney Soundtracks...or my Bug's Life soundtrack. *blushes* Oh I know, but I love the music and it was only like three dollars.
Mary: You paid too much! It should be 'free or best offer'.
Uhuh. Simpsons soundtracks are great though. I listen to them when I'm really down. They always manage to liven my life up just that little bit more. Hee. Oh that reminds me, add Labyrinth in there too. David Bowie rocks. Even with tights. Even.
A DVD/VHS that you own that None of Your Friends Own: That would be a lot. Anything to do with Sex and the City, a lot of my BBC especially Black Adder. Now I want White Teeth on DvD! *pouts* Actually I have heaps. Most specifically, something that theyw oudl never get, my Disney Sing-a-longs. Cute.
A Place That You've Been That None of Your Friends Have Been: In terms of my net-friends, none. A'mes, Petrie and myself have been to practically all the same places, even Malaysia. (Ames: Terimah kasih, babe.) In terms of my school friends, lots of place. Most of Europe, Malaysia, America, England etc. Even Australia, for that matter.
Oh, and now I'm supposed to post some poetry. I'll post some of my favourite. One by Oscar Wilde actually, Amor Intellectualis (Intelligent/Intellectual Love?).
Oft have we trod the vales of Castaly
And heard sweet notes of sylvan music blown
From antique reeds to common folk unknown:
And often launched our bark upon that sea
Which the nine Muses hold in empery,
And ploughed free furrows through the wave and foam,
Nor spread reluctant sail for more safe home
Till we had freighted well our argosy.
Of which despoilèd treasures these remain,
Sordello's passion, and the honied line
Of young Endymion, lordly Tamburlaine
Driving his pampered jades, and more than these,
The seven-fold vision of the Florentine,
And grave-browed Milton's solemn harmonies.
Happy, A'mes? You've procastinated me, enough. Be off with you, off!
Ames: *flounces prancily-schmanicily off*
~
Em, remind me to buy Any Eels soundtrack. I've found out that I love all of their music. Thanks O.C.
~
More I.B. Stuff...yes you can run away!
Philosophy exam:
Q: Is this a question?
A: If this is an answer!
Biology exam:
Create life . Justify your answer.
IB Entrance Exam for High School Students
Time Limit: 3 Weeks
1. What language is spoken in France?
2. Give a dissertation on the ancient Babylonian Empire with particular reference to architecture, literature, law and social conditions -OR- give the first name of Pierre Trudeau.
3. Would you ask William Shakespeare to
(a) build a bridge
(b) sail the ocean
(c) lead an army or
(d) WRITE A PLAY
4. What religion is the Pope?
(a) Jewish
(b) Catholic
(c) Hindu
(d) Polish
(e) Agnostic
(check only one)
5. Metric conversion. How many feet is 0.0 meters?
6. What time is it when the big hand is on the 12 and the little hand is on the 5?
7. How many commandments was Moses given? (approximately)
8. What are people in America's far north called?
(a) Westerners
(b) Southerners
(c) Northerners
9. Spell -- Bush, Carter and Clinton
Bush:
Carter:
Clinton:
10. Six kings of England have been called George, the last one being George the Sixth. Name the previous five.
11. Where does rain come from?
(a) Macy's
(b) a 7-11
(c) Canada
(d) the sky
12. Can you explain Einstein's Theory of Relativity?
(a) yes
(b) no
13. What are coat hangers used for?
14. The Star Spangled Banner is the National Anthem for what country?
15. Explain Le Chateliers Principle of Dynamic Equilibrium -OR- spell your name in BLOCK LETTERS.
16. Where is the basement in a three story building located?
17. Which part of America produces the most oranges?
(a) New York
(b) Florida
(c) Canada
(d) Wisconsin
18. Advanced math. If you have three apples how many apples do you have?
19. What does NBC (National Broadcasting Corp.) stand for?
20. The International Baccalaureate began when (approximately)?
(a) B.C.
(b) A.D.
Omg, I just read an English essay written by a very, very poor person after doing three hours of ToK. I fee so bad for them. Here's the first paragraph.
In William Golding’s Lord of the Rings the beast on the island is seen as a real object, but on reality it is a symbolism of the unconscious part of the psyche. That is similar to “East and West Egg” metaphor in Shakespeare’s Great Gatsby. East and west are the two parts of the unconscious.
Oh dear.
~
Enough out of me. I have two Psych Essays, One History Essay and One English essay by tommorow and I haven't started. Go me. Night, y'all.
~M.M.W ~

