Monday, December 20
Realised how long and how much it will take to write up journal so will do in other time, rather than piece meal here. Anyway, here's my meme for 2004.
My 2004
1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
Survived something I thought I would not.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any, except maybe just to get through Year 12. Yes. Successfully? I don't know. And as for making more, yes, I will.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes. My cousin's wife to my little nephew Kenshin.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No.
5. What countries did you visit?
Malaysia.
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
Energy and life. And perhaps a great score. *twists fingers*
7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Dec 2nd to Dec 9th. Sydney. Oh, and the last day of my exams, which I have forgotten but will remember forever.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting through Year 12 IB, thank you.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Knowing, deep deep down, that I'm going to fail. Certainly. And that I'm going to disappoint a lot of people.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Let's see. Cold, ulcers and I developed hayfever. Wooh.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I don't think it counts as 'bought' but I got out of paying almost $300 which is awesome.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Mine, pretty much. I've been relatively good this year. Ah, modest I am.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
The world's.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Music and Movies.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Garden State. Troy. Sydney.
16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
Livin' On A Prayer - Bon Jovi
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?
Atm, happier. Because its not next year, because right now, I just had the best party I've ever had, recently got back from a vacation without my parents, and despite the looming score thing, my life doesn't seem too bad. And in a way, I can't wait for Uni.
ii. thinner or fatter?
Fatter. My parents keep reminding me. I don't seem to mind it too much.
iii. richer or poorer?
Poorer. Hence Sarah calling me a cheapo while we were shopping for Chrissie presents.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Stuff at School, Worked Harder.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Less Procastination and complaining.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With my friends, with my family. And woo, I got New Years Party to look forward to.
22. Did you fall in love in 2004?
Not really. I don't fall in love. I've learned my lesson.
23. How many one-night stands?
None. *sigh* Sydney was sooo disappointing on that account.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
O.C., Friends, SATC, The Simpsons, Black Adder.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Why, yes I do.
26. What was the best book you read?
253
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The O.C. compilations. Wooh!!!!!!
28. What did you want and get?
Strength.
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
17, absolutely nothing.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Determination, will, ruthlessness and focus.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
Conservative, green, silver, white, sometimes black. Oh yes, uniform.
34. What kept you sane?
My dreams.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I don't know anymore. I figure it was Orlando Bloom, but that's the front I put up in front of my other friends. Maybe it was 'blue boy' after all.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Iraq. Needless violence. Oh and Howard election thingie.
37. Who did you miss?
My friends and the girl I knew so long ago, who was bright, bubbly, intelligent and had hope, I don't know her anymore. She died in me this year.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Didn't really meet anyone new this year. Unless you count my little newphew.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004:
- I can always get drunk with my friends cause they are soo responsible and will look after me.
- Apparently, I can stomach a lot of vodka.
- But not a lot of information.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
If you leave, I won't cry
I won't waste a single day
But if you leave, don't look back
I'll be running the other way
Seven years went under the bridge
Like time was standing still
Heaven knows what happens now
You've gotta say you will
For 'Blue Boy' who always visited me in my dreams.
~ M.M.W ~

