Tuesday, January 18
Current Mood:
Depressed
Current Music: Dear God - Sarah McLachlan
This is like one of the most crass days of my life. Let me just recap yesterday and if I have enough energy, maybe then I can tell you why.
~
Yesterday, was really. REALLY long.
I'm not kidding.
7:15 Wake up, go back to sleep.
8:00 Actually get up. Pad around, take a shower, let mom leave the house to her badminton.
9:00 Dressed. Should be re-studying for test. Instead, lounge on couch and watch FootBaller's Wives. Doesn't want to admit its actually trashily fun. And less racy enough I can watch it around other people, unlike other shows, aka: SATC.
10:00 Freak out. Shower. Get dressed. Do hair.
11:00 Rush out of house. (Yeah, it takes me an hour!) Take the tram up and then down Camberwell and walk up to Vic Roads building.
11:25ish Spy on Ying and wave to her as she does her test. I get in the way of many people and have to present my horrifically ugly passport photo for inspection. Ich bein nein!
11:45ish Am doing test. Ying is waiting patiently outside. Test is freaking me out. Was that 200 metres or 100 meters before you turn your high beams off?
11:47ish Am giggling over question. ( A.Honk your horn to get pedestrians off the road or b. Wait patiently for them to walk across road before proceeding or c. Drive straight through them).
12:00 Have finished test. Have taken picture...not bad. Much better than Ying's grimace, what I call 'The Rage Before the Road'. We walk up to the Discount DVD shop, so she can sell her non-working DVD. She gets away with it, by four bucks.
1:00 Am at the Tennis Centre, after wandering aimlessly wondering where the hell Carman and the dudes are. Agh. Carman's phone isn't answering. I run across the road back and forth to get to the payphone. This isn't helping.
1:30 Finally find them. At Rod Laver. Not Vodafone. AGH. It is so hot and am wearing jumper and jeans. Could it be worse? We go get ice cokes (five bucks!) before heading off to watch Gauddio and Gimbelstob play.
2:00 Am sweltering. Anna, Cathy and Sue burn. I let off heat waves. Am so not into it and slowly falling asleep.
3:00 Gimbelstob lost. Poor boy. And he was putting up such a good fight. But who can win to the guy who won teh French open? Laugh when they both get really angry, one of them throws his racket down, the other yells at the umpire (That wasn't Out!). Well, its hot, I can understand. Especially when the other guy gets like no applause. Cathy continually shushes me. I get v. v. v. annoyed.
4:00 Am watching two girls play now. One is Chinese, the other I forget. Except she's much better but making lots of faults, she can't serve properly! I actually get into this one. Alice goes to sleep and Sue complains in my ear. Anna really burns even though we're sitting in the shade.
5:00 Sue, Anna and I are off to Fed Square to a) look up a restaurant and b) to wander. We get smoothies first, me, sweetly complaining that 'my smoothie' does not exist anymore and opt for an Ultra Brekki. Yum. But certainly not teh smoothie. Anna gets one too and Sue, typically, gets a tropical mango delish something. We then head to our normal bookstore and vamp, but instead it closes so we head back towards Feddie and look around for restaurants. There's Chocolate Buddha at Fed Square, Funky Fish, too expensive and this other one where the patrons glare at us. Certainly a bad atmosphere. We head over to Southbank after sitting for a minute or two (I call Ying to confirm 7:15) and we look for another restaurant. We see some Nova thing and sit again, and I venture that our 'restaurant' will be down that way. And it is, Blue Train. We head back.
7:15 Sue and I spy that people actually have their offers so we head over there. We see groups of other people we know and skillfully avoid them. We get the paper and have a look. And here it is:
~
Okay, I better stop.
I got my results and I'm not particularly happy with them. I mean, I thought the pharmacy thing could fuck it up but hell, I didn't expect this and I guess I have to be happy.
I got my second preference, Com/Law at Monash. Hecs of course. But Monash? I think my heart stopped for like a whole minute and I was completely riveted. Monash? What the fuck? And there was counsellor with his whole, "Well those two are your wish list things, things you most probably are NOT going to get into."
So what the fuck is going on? Anyway, I don't know. Its just put a terrible stress on me. No really. I got com/law at melbourne full fee, definitely but like I don't wanna got to Monash. And the problem is, dad doesn't think I can get dual fee and I am not going to PAY full fee for both especially when I've got what I've got. GAH. This is terrible.
You know this is the universes' bitter, fucked up, laughing his little ass off, irony just to annoy me just that little bit more till I jump off that bridge. Is it me or am I continually pulled away from these people? First it was Maths, then it was I.B. and now its this! THIS! THIS FUCKED UP SHIT CUNT CHOICE! Oh c'mon! Why couldn't I have just got straight com or media and communications? OMG! AGH!!!!!!
God help me. Please. Damn, and I all ready said I wouldn't want anything more. Then again, I had asked for something aboute 99. But all this god given luck, am I being selfish, or do I need just a little bit more? That, or I wake up and this has all been a dream. Puh lease.
~
Anyway, still stunned, I had to explain it to a bunch of people. Met everyone else etc. You know, it was funny, I felt all right telling Ying and Sarah what I got but then it just got weird telling everyone else, especially Cathy who just eavesdropped on this major conversation I was having with Anna which really pissed me off. Actually she was pissing me off the entire day. Even at Dinner we didn't speak, ugh. Annoyed the shit out of me.
Anywya, we didn't have dinner at Blue Train (8:30-ish, given that we were all like talking for ages around Flinders) because it was really filled so we kept going down and went into Crown to some really posh looking bar I liked. Everyone was really nice and we got this huge table. I sat at teh head of it, yay. Except I sat down the boring end. Even Sarah eventually went up to the other end. Alice and Cathy were amusing each other and Anna was listening to conversation with the others so I was stuck all by my weensy little self wishing I was home and curled up in bed. I ate very little and even less after a off mussel. Uck. I hate marinara.
After dinner, we headed out and back up. It was pretty dark but very pretty. We took more photos except I really wasn't in the mood to be smiling happily and hugging everyone so I grudgingly posed but that was about it. I'd been milling about my results over dinner and I still couldn't factor, couldn't believe it. I felt really sick actually.
Then we went to the train station, left three of our group and all got on the good Camberwell line home. We talked on the way, except I really wasn't in the mood to. I guess I really wasn't in any mood. So I laughed forcingly more than any real laughter and even my conversation was forced. I still felt sick. Anyway, we finally got back and I left more of my friends with promises of Thursday and goodbyes to my seething sister in her pjs and my worrying mom.
Although my night ended well. I watched the end of the golden globes, bits I did want to see. Especially Robin Williams' speech, "Prince, Usher, Mick Jagger etc, we know there's going to be the apocalpyse" and Orlando Bloom presenting pretty late, which means he is very important. I mean, he was like right before Nicole Kidman. Wooh. So, not bad, although I missed not seeing the dresses. Charlize's was goregous but for the overall night, definitely Uma Thurmans. Hers was...wow. I think I'm just really into teh whole Greecian thing.
~
Anyway, I've spent the whole day today busy again, even though I slept in till two because I'm so tired. My parents have stressed me out, more so than I think my exams did and I'm just so...blah. I don't even have energy to continue revamping, keeping up a convo or eating. I haven't eaten at all, only some dinner and a sushi roll. Oh and like a bucket of apple juice. Is it me or am I loosing my appetite? My sister says it happens. I've lost like three kilos. But I haven't wanted to. *sigh* What's wrong with me?
~ M.M.W ~

