Monday, January 24
Current Mood:
Improvising
Current Music: Snow Cherries From France - Tori Amos
Not share his bike
Oh but he let me go sailing
I swore that I
Could survive any storm
Oh then he let me go
~
Hmm...as books go. This is just an enormous piece of fluff in which a writer for a top fashion magazine, only referred to as "Moi" in her 'fluent' french experiences, thinks and whines about her life. Yeah, doesn't really seem appealing? But what is underneath all that fluffy, if you dare to look, is enormous witt and some great laughs. Although the ending was too cliche, even for me, I'd have to say it was enormously amusing to see "Moi" texting Julie Bergdorf, her rich heiress friend while her boyfriend/fiance was making a trip to Brazil. Along the ride there are trips to Spain with Spanish Princes, charities (sorry, benefits), flights and misflights on PJ's (private plane, not pyjamas, darlings) and the constant search for the PH (not chemistry, the propspective husband). Its only three hundred pages and sometimes a girl like me needs a book of nothing but name dropping, biting and ironic wit and hilarious only-inside knowledge especially between classics like...
Heh. That and there were just two pieces/quotage in that book that had me cacking myself at like four in the morning. I think I woke my mom up too. Hold on.
1.Okay so 'Moi's car has just given up on itself and she's stranded on some dirty English countryside lane in Manolos and a very nice dress. Along comes this very good looking boy whom she has some rather nice choice comments about:
"A'right there?" said the boy.
God he was cute. He had dark curly hair and was wearing a red T-shirt, muddy jeans and old hiking boots. He was totally giving Orlando Bloom. My Kelly Osbourne huff huff disappeared immediately, you can imagine...Orlando-whose real name was Dave, but I prefer to think of him as Orlando...
2. Julie, the rich heiress, has just found out about the tiff between the countess and Moi's 'Mummy' and also about Charlie's little secret:
"I feel like I'm in an episode of the Forsythe Saga!" said Julie, enthralled by the drama.
Could not stop laughing. Those two bits are just sooooo me. Hehehehe.
~
Hehehehe. Funniest thing happened, and here I was thinking I was sooo totally over Poto. (Wee...I get it next week! WOO! *does a dance* I mean...ahem. Sooo over it.) Well, I was listening to mum's "The MOST romantic piano album in the world ever!", to piano pieces which for later reference, you CANNOT sing to, only hum like some of my favourites, Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, Liszt's Liebestraum No. 3 in A Flat, Chopin's Etude in E 'Tristesse' and of course also his 'Nocturne', my personal favourite for a very, very, very long time. Anyway, I was up to about Track 16 and thinking, hmmm...I know this piece. But I have this competition with myself where I'll guess it before I look on the back of the CD. So I sat there thinking for ages while the music played and then suddenly I found myself humming to it:
"hum, hmmm...music of the night..da dun da dun...wait, what?"
Of course, being me. I flipped out and went, no way, this cannot be POTO (Phantom of the Opera, stop it Em!). But I kept singing etc so it had to be and I flipped the cover and wah la, it is Lloyd' Webber's The Music of the Night, not the best rendition because hey, you don't have Brightman or Crawford (or even Rossum and Butler) but hey, I was singing to it and I recognised it. Anyway, got another laugh. Thank you Poto.
~
~ M.M.W ~
PS: "Dun da dun...the music of the NIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTTTT!"

