Sunday, January 2
Current Mood:
Pause
Current Music: Nobody's Home - Avril Lavigne
Happy New Years everyone??
~
Yeah, I know. Its the Second, but hey. Gimme a break. I was resting yesterday and damn, didn't get to make my big thank you. Sadly, I'll have to do it later. But first, let me just post photos from the New Years and do a recap.
Okay, so New Years started a little woefully. I arrived early at Anna's house which is now only a ten minute walk from my house...woo! Anyway, I had to climb on top of some bricks and knock and 'Hello!' really loudly to get in. Finally her brother came and opened the door and I went in. Anna came only two seconds later and took me on a tour of her fantabulous house. It was so cool and so...cool actually, thanks to those high ceilings. So ANna and I sat around for a while, until I asked Anna if she had called Sue about the party. Anna said no so she left a message on Sue's machine, and then...Sue came. Which was really funny. Then we started watching Mulan 2, after Sue and I failed bragarting Anna into finding her other consoles. However, we did get her to find her camera.
Anyway, we watched Mulan 2, laughing at the animation and how ugly SHANG had got. Ugh. The story was pretty crap, no comparison to the original, and the animation was subpar. Ah! Shang was awful looking.
When that finished, we watched Predator, had drinks with Anna's parents before they left (Pink Champagne) to a Ruski bar. Hee hee.
Sue: [gazing at bottle] Hey I just realised why its called Pink! Because its 'pink' champagne.
We had dinner outside, until Sue and I got eaten by mosquitoes until Carman made us run outside and get bowl again, me screaming the entire way. Now I have this enormous mosquito bite on arm. It actually pokes up. That stupid digusting reedy moz. Anyway, Cathy arrived soon after, around 9:30-10ish. And we watched Predator more, arguing that it wasn't scary at all. Then we played the 'noisy' game as Anna calls it. Cathy sucked, which was pretty much the summing up of the game. Alice finally came when the rest were watching Laputa and we just spent a whole hunk of time sitting around talking until midnight when Carman cracked open the bottle and I screamed that they were playing the 'Phantom of Opera' theme at midnight, which they were. I was very excited. I also kept exclaiming when we thought that someone was knocking on the doro that:
Me: [behind Anna at the door] No one, huh? The angel of music must have done it!
Anna: URGH!!!!!!!
And later Sue went, even after all that:
Sue: Do you like the Phantom of the Opera?
Alice: Can't you tell? She's obsessed.
Very. Anyway, Cathy left soon after, her dad was early!!! And while they finished Laputa and started on the old 1925 version of POTO (Phantom of the Opera...sorry, there are only a few version I go for), Sue and I had a D and M to Coldplay music. Not bad really. Anyway, Sue and I finally ventured back into the room, and found Anna and Alice completely bored of the film and Carman snoozing on the couch. Sue went to half-sleep while the rest of us watched Omen and of course made fun of the music, the 'Ja-what?' and Hugenbagen...or wait was it BagenHuge, I remember it was the one I didn't think of. We finished that, ANna told us the ending before it ended, annoying, and watched Shrek 2, yay. Which I then fell asleep too, because I'd seen it again and again and again. Good movie though. Its in my top 10.
Woke up at 9:30, very sleepy. And dragged myself up. Packed and sat around talking until mum and dad came, feeling kinda headachey. Did I mention all the alcohol we drank? Pink Champagne, Chardonay, Lemon Ruski, Vodka Breezer. I remember Carman getting really really red. Oh and of course SUe's prized dirty joke which I was the only one who got:
Sue: Okay, there are three guys in a bed together.
Cathy: Is that the joke?
Sue: No! The first guy is dreaming of his girlfriend. The Third guy is dreaming of his girlfriend. The guy in the middle is dreaming of skiing.
I got it after a minute and then explained it to Carman and Sue. Anna 'said' she got it but thought of something different actually when Cathy explained it via the 'poles' terminology. So funny. A good night nonetheless, and the best way to spend New Years with your friends.
Next Year we actually plan to go down there and see the lights ourselves. Good idea.
~ M.M.W ~

