Monday, March 28

Current Mood: Despite the fact that there are over eight million people on the island of Manhattan, there are times you still feel shipwrecked and alone. Times even the most resourceful survivor would feel the need to put a message in a bottle, or on an answering machine. - Sex and the City Flustered
Current Music: Its My Life - Talk Talk

Its a

Movie Post

so go away if you came here to hear the goss about my private life. But no...actually don't go away.

First off, Late Night SBS Movies...okay, so NOT Teh Pron. In fact, SBS has been upping the quality of their late night movies. There still isn't the return of Jackie Chan's Hong Kong Cop Tales which are excellent *sigh* however there is stuff like for example, last night's SISSI...

So yeah, its like foreign. And sooo old. (1952! Quite near Easter Parade actually) And the movie stars aren't famous, even for their time. But heck, I love it solely for the costumes...ahem, we'll get back to that later. Anyway, its about this beautiful, young Bavarian princess/noble (Russia totally screwed me up on that) named Elisabeth (of Bavaria) or better yet, Sissi. She goes with her mother and sister Helene to the Austrian court in Ischl, where her mother and the Emperor of Austria's mother have schemed to have Helene, Sissi's older sister and the Emp marry. However, when the prince inadvertently meets Sissi while she is fishing (?), he falls in love with her and wants to marry her. Etc. Etc. It only goes for 1 hr 45 mins and a great deal of it is mostly for the scenery and her very pretty dresses. Over all, for a film like that, made in its time, in a foreign language and country, its quite good and certainly memorable. Romy Schneider I adore. She's got a naked charm, a girlish sweetness but also a regal coolness (in the two later sequels) that begets her former self. The prince is quite princely...but so hot for his own time. And not for mine. He's too well groomed I think. While there is a great supporting cast, I really think it is Schneider who holds the film. And she does, with her smiles and little elegance. Apparently she is remarkably alike in looks, affectations and problems to the real empress. Ahem. Yes. So go see it. IMDB doesn't have much on it, which I'm quite surprised about. Then again...the U.S. until lately didn't take well to foreign films.

Okay, so I don't think I would have brought this up but yes, was sitting through this film, liking it more and more when suddenly this scene came up. Its pre-wedding and well...she's wearing this dress and hm...I wonder if I've seen it before?

Guh! My brain!!!

And then it hit me. Where had I heard Sissi before? Here. Or here.

The original in portrait form. Christine wearing Sissi inspired dress while singing Think of Me.

Yeah. I got a question for me. Why does everything always come back to POTO? WHY? Just when I had sat down, ready for a night where I don't a) cap b)icon c)watch d)listen and e) think about POTO in any form. Well thanks a lot.

~

New Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Pics.

Yeah, I got a few thoughts.
One, for fugly sake, CUT YOUR HAIR, Ron! And that goes for you too, Potter. Sooner or later one of you is going to pop up on 'Go Fug Yourself' and then where will I be? Yes, I will lmao. And yes, I know you don't know what that means. Hehehe.
Two, Fleur you look like a boy. Where are the curves? Where's the Veela sexiness? There's nothing there. And makes me believe even more that Ron really digs teh_boys.
Thirdly, Harry Potter doing the kung fu? You know, Elijah Wood doing that in Sin City was enough. I don't need to see you doing it too. HOpefully this is him falling off his broom and his hair breaking his fall. Hopefully.
Fourthly and finally, Miranda, darling, there are only two words for you. You rock. Rock you. Whether you be Queenie, the Queen of Hearts, an Evil Stepmother, Mme. Of The Only French Accent or Rita Skeeter (personally, I think you should have been the next DADA after this book's). Yes, you are too good.

Note: Hey, I am happy about one thing. Okay, not happy. Perhaps surprised. This is the first page full of comments I've been on and there is no sign of G-man icons. *goggles* Hm...I see trouble in our future??

~

Curious George is becoming a movie? Wtf? Indeed. I hated those books. I was more of a Clifford, The Big Red Dog fan. Poster here. And yes thank god, its animated.

~

Shyamalan's next...yep, another mystery/thriller about hmmm...a water nymph who haunts/infests a pool in some apartment building. Yep. That's it. And its called 'Lady In The Water'. Right. Moving on.

~

Nothing else really. Will post more later. Probably about partay. Or icons. (Poto! Woot!) Love ya.

~ M.M.W ~


. . . . . . . . . . . .





SABRINA FAIR

20 year old. Student. Writer. Multinational corporation girl. Hopeless romantic who's heart has been broken far too many times. Still, however, searches for Celine's her Jesse.


FABULOUS THINGS

Autumn.
A U T U M N

Before Sunset
B E F O R E S U N S E T

Imogen Heap
I M O G E N H E A P

LJ SECRET
L J S E C R E T

Shoes
S H O E S

Living La Boheme
L I V I N G L A B O H E M E


T H E H I L L S

Sasha Pivovarova
S A S H A P I V O V A R O V A

Europe
E U R O P E

Calvin and Hobbes
C A L V I N A N D H O B B E S

Models
M O D E L S

Marc Jacobs Sunnies
M A R C J A C O B S

ARCHIVES