Saturday, April 9

Current Mood: Confucius say too much. - Chinese Proverb Curious
Current Music: Powerless - Nelly Furtado (OST Folklore)

Wow. Posting twice in one night is like...something I used to do...but never do anymore. Scary that.

Anyway, I had taken a break to watch some movies and found nothing of consequences. Hulk? I Spy? Indiana Jones? (Oh wait, I take that back...but it was raiders of the lost ark. Ending! Guk!)Ugh. So I switch to the 'Entertainment' Channels and like, by instinct, I check Parkinson's guest and omg! Damien Lewis is going to be on. Woo. That checking thing, which usually fails me...suddenly doesn't. SO yeah, I wait through Jamie who my sister thinks has too much tongue, thus the way he speaks, and some comedian guy called Bob Dee or something and then finally...after like almost half an hour waiting he comes on.

Its funny you know, if you've never seen the actor in real life, how much they can surprise you. Like I'd watched Forsythe I and II many times, and of course, in some twisted way of mine, I assumed that Lewish would be much like his character. Not funny, serious and certainly kinda haughty. He went to Eton for heaven's sake?

Ames: Really? I thought only royals went there.
Me: Well, there aren't really that many royals left.
Ames: Well what about all those lords and ladies who own those manor houses.
Me: I don't think they'd be able to afford Eton. It takes a rich buggery to upkeep one of those manor houses.

The same thing happened with Phantom too. I mean, I didn't even know the guy's name, let alone half his face, and I still loved him. So, when I FIRST saw him, which was Em kindly sending me Em and Gerry presenting at the Critic's Choice Awards, I was like...wtf? As soon as he started speaking, I was like...he's Scottish? SCOTTISH? I so did not get that from the film. According to one of those countless interviews, he was doing or at least attemping an 'English Accent', although I have to say his US accent is awesome, which is surprising given that so many Scottish or heavily accented actors have trouble doing other accents. I.e. Clive Owen in Sin city. Ahehehe.

Anyway, I'm off topic. So he comes out and the first thing I notice is like...his hair. Its so slicky and weird and frumpled, which is so the cool thing today with guys especially. I mean, Jamie looks like he's growing grass on his head. That and he's rather young looking. He's actually quite funny too, youngish acting wise and quite self deprecating. I loved it when he said 'We start off with this character drama and end up with aliens exploding out of your bum' (about dreamcatcher) which I thought was hilarious. That and he occasionally acts out things. Ahehehee. The Morgran Freeman expression, which usually I wouldn't like given that I luff Morgan Freeman. He talked about the Forsythe Saga too, which was interesting. About playing a villain that people can still feel sympathetic too. And that's so true. I mean, in some ways I hated Soames, he was such a bastard. But maybe it was my repugnance to how Ireney treated him (She is the disdainful Ice Queen!) or perhaps the fact that Damien Lewis is such an awesome actor that he can be a complete bastard and still make you like him, not via looks.

In those ways, especially, I think I may like him more than Gerry. Damien is a wonderful actor and it shits me he has to do crap like Dreamcatcher, which would usually be pretty cool but feh...the way he talked about it signified that to me, it wasn't good enough for him AND Morgan Freeman. I haven't really seen Band of Brothers, but take it from me, if you see Damien Lewish play Soames Forsythe in BOTH series and then see him in real life, you will be overawed. I know I was. He's not the best looking thing in the world, but he's got the thing and the talent and I wish him so well. I mean...it takes an awesome actor to make you feel sympathy at first and the love after a while. I really loved him at the end of the second series. Really did. There are few villains, who aren't sporting the hotness (hobo) who can do that.

Makes me question my luff for Gerry actually. Hm...off to make icons.

~ M.M.W ~


. . . . . . . . . . . .





SABRINA FAIR

20 year old. Student. Writer. Multinational corporation girl. Hopeless romantic who's heart has been broken far too many times. Still, however, searches for Celine's her Jesse.


FABULOUS THINGS

Autumn.
A U T U M N

Before Sunset
B E F O R E S U N S E T

Imogen Heap
I M O G E N H E A P

LJ SECRET
L J S E C R E T

Shoes
S H O E S

Living La Boheme
L I V I N G L A B O H E M E


T H E H I L L S

Sasha Pivovarova
S A S H A P I V O V A R O V A

Europe
E U R O P E

Calvin and Hobbes
C A L V I N A N D H O B B E S

Models
M O D E L S

Marc Jacobs Sunnies
M A R C J A C O B S

ARCHIVES