Sunday, April 3
Current Mood:
HyperCurrent Music: Finally Woken - Jem
My fingers smell like champagne. Funny that, (and I know, totally random) because I just 'moisturised'. Perhaps its that weird baby oil mum gave me. Hmmm...
~
On a totally, less random note...okay not SO un-random but am suddenly obsessed about making mood sets. Hence my second one, however still unfinished:
,
, 
,
, 
Meh. Am not so pretty as POTO nor as varied in my expressions but hey, I'm getting there. I think Alice has extra photos where I look more dour. I shall go bug her sometime. Perhaps Monday.
~
Thanks to Cable, and the lovely channel 'Hallmark' I caught 'Earthsea' starring Shawn Ashmore, who I know a great deal about thanks to Sylvie, Kristen Kreuk who 'eeked' me in Snow White with Miranda Richardson and Warwick Davis, for goodness sake and of course, former A-grade actors, Isabella Rosselini and Danny Glover.
You know, for a while, I thought nothing could suck more than Mists of Avalon. I mean, come on! Michael Vartan as Lancelot? Could they get more crazy? At least Anjelica Huston, Julianna Marguiles and Joan Allen (ahha! She just hosted SNL!) were good choices and certainly better A-grade actors. Well at least more believable.
Earthsea has proven it wrong. I remember reading Ursula Le Guin's books and putting them down after the 'first book' because they were, yes, a tad boring. Okay, not in the realm of Tolkein-boring but yes, quite boring. And you think they wouldn't be? Given that they were about a young magus going through magus-school. More medieval, more crafty Harry Potter, perhaps? Plus all the beauty and serenit going into priestess making, all the while with a whole mystical background going on? Well she ruined it anyway, so I thought I'd have a go and see what they did with the movie. Well, nothing really in the movie did I recognise in the book and a great deal of it was over-hyped mash-trash. Ashmore cannot act, as wooden as Brad Pitt's ironic wooden horse acting. Kreuk irritated me, with her over-large eyes and her sincere personality that was so much the 'beloved' heroine. Meh. She was smacking of Snow White. As for the storyline, the kitsch side kick Vetch, the annoying rival, the turbulent king, the 'foreign' most venerable mother, the 'gibbeth' and the awful special effects, not much can really be said. I was terribly disappointed. Terribly. I expected more. Mists of Avalon actually started to seem good half way through. And Michael Vartan is WAY down on my list for Lancelot and three ways (I don't actually have a three way list but if I did, I don't even think he would be anywhere near it) along with Ioan Gruffud (for Lancelot, not three ways...ugh!). So yes. V. disappointed. Although I think I would have at least given it another point, had the two not kissed at the end. I mean, come on! They had met that same day despite the 'visions' they had constantly of each other. I mean, for most of the time, she thought he was an 'evil' wizard and suddenly she's like 'Ahh! Hot Canadian Central!'. Well I know, Sylvie would have been, and this girl is from Smallville (which has disappeared off our screens...hmmm...), so...gah, I've digressed majorly. It suxed.
2/10
(The 2 is for...hm...give me a minute here...oh yes, because I'm feeling fairly generous tonight. Yes. That's it!)
~
Two new icons because NOT getting that interview is frustrating the hell out of me. So yes, I iconned it thanks to captures at Em Ross's site. Fug, Fug, Fug. It looks funny. And there's something about lips and gayness. Gah.
Goddamn, I'm never going to get them. (Unless I post...hmm...)
~
Heehehe. Emmy Rossum made it onto 'Go Fug Yourself'. Ahh, you stuck up, pretentious twat. You deserve it and much more. Ahehehe.
More Hehehe. April Fool's Jokes NOT played on me *growls at Ames* are funny. Like Icopulate and Gmail + Infinity Storiage. Hehehe. But I have to say, the thread on POTO freaked me out the most. Disney version of POTO? GET OUT.
Enough. Have to get to bed. Big essay to write tommorow. Sux.
~ M.M.W ~

