Saturday, April 9

Current Mood: Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music. - George Carlin Pleased
Current Music: Baby Girl - Nelly Furtado (OST Whoa Nelly)

I'm addicted to listening to Nelly Furtado at the moment. From her first album, Whoa, Nelly, which I can't believe I didn't buy. Idiot. To her second album, folklore, which is certainly more toned down but perhaps even more captivating and deep. I especially love 'Powerless' and 'Try'. But you knew this, didn't you? Though, I expect in a little while I'll begin to like the other ones. Hmm...maybe I should go icon my new obsession. Hee.

~

Yesterday was really nice. Really nice. I missed uni, in particular accounting so I could sleep in after the dreadful day I had the day before and so, I could go buy Atilla finally. Ahehehe. Well anyway....

I woke up at around 10:10, freaked out and ran to take my shower and then spent an hour pretty much listening to my mother rant at me for forgetting to take my overdue library books back and do my hair at the same time. I swear to god I burned my fingers at least four times. Bad me. Then, I hit the trams around 11:40, returned my books (cost me $4.50...goddamn!) and then jumped on the trams again. I got the city at 12:30, because the trams are soooo slow. There were so many people on them on a Friday at like 12??? Hmm...then I remembered that those stupid school kids are still on hols. *growls* We need more than one week. At least we'll still behave like adults...a little. Passed uner an archway of trees with bright yellow leaves. There was a wind too and it was so beautiful when this cascade of yellow leaves would fall down around us. Beautiful. Got to city at 12:30 in 28 degree heat (with a jumper on! Pah hah!), messaged Sue to say I was going to be about 10 minutes later and ducked into HMV to see if they had Atilla yet.

They didn't. *growls even more* I have to wait another 10 days, or at least till next week Friday. They ordered them in only a few days ago and that guy promised! Wah. So thinking of just going when I go get POTO. Also asked the guy if I could pre-order POTO without a credit card. He said, yes, but I shouldn't bother given that they apparently will have heaps. Didn't pre-order one but still felt a little wary. I don't trust these guys!

Then I headed out and WALKED all the way up to Melb Central, which given, isn't that far, but still I missed two trams and it was very hot. Finally got there and Sue started berating me before I distracted her with my ipod. WE went to lunch at Melb Central (also possibly because I couldn't be bothered walking to JB Hifi). I had half a salad, Sue had her smoothie and we just chatted for a while about stuff, mostly just catching up and other things. It was nice, we never run out of stuff to talk about. Then I called Anna to check when she was coming. We, I swear to god, said to meet her at 2:30 because yeah, it takes like an hour to get to the city. Sue and I decided to leave and just go shopping. We went to her 'store' which I have forgotten the name of. She laughed at me when I tried to shoulder a very small carry bag, although even she couldn't fit it around her shoulder. We then, having loads of time, took a tram to her uni where she showed me various things I scoffed at, until we got to the law building and I was like 'OMG'.

Anyone seen the law building? Its like woah, posh. Like an office building, and it looks weird when there are these kids in casual clothes just strolling around. Its so nice in there. And I am enviably jealous. Our building is so...dumpy. *sigh* Transfer. Transfer. Transfer. Oh shut up. So we stayed in there two seconds before Sue pulled me out again, to ride down in the 'speaking' elevators. We then walked back to Melb Uni, got a txt mesage from Anna saying she was going to be 20 minutes late, so got frozen cokes (instead of a coffee, I really wanted) and just sat down, talking even more.

By the time we headed back, it was nearing 3 o'clock. We met Anna under the clock who said that she thought we were meeting her at 2, therefore she had arrived at 2:30. So yes, she had been sitting, waiting for half an hour...W/Out calling (okay she called, but at 10 to 3). Meh. We talked for a while, and then walked around a bit. I finally convinced them to walk with me to J-B so I could check if they had it and so Sue could check if they had Charlotte Martin. I did, in fact, for her. And no, they didn't. It was either 'in the sales bins or they'd have to order it in'. I think I'll go check at Camberwell sooner or later...I really love her music. After that, I dragged them to the 'movie' section of JB where I asked about Atilla. Nuh. They sold out. AGH! What? What on earth is going on? And yes, it'll be in, in like 2 to 3 weeks. Fuck that. I'm going to HMV. There was this really good rom-com deal I found though, except I had three out of the five movies and the other two weren't that good. So, no. But yes, would make a good gift, certainly.

After that, Sue kept complaining she had to go home. So Anna and I bought ice creams which were put in rather silly styrafoam cups. And then we all headed off. So a v. nice day with lots of talking, laughing and generally nothing. Although Anna didn't get to go to her chocolate shop. Shiznit.

~

Re-watched the Incredibles last night. That film is just simply...incredible. From its storyline, to its character, to its amazing detail, to its jokes, to its references to other movies to just its general charm and loveliness. I loved it. Possibly my favourite out of all the Pixar movies. That, and I generally love the characters and not because they look cute. But because I feel for them. Which I think is something that is so lacking from Dreamwork's animation. Sharktale is teh_sux.

Btw, Jack Jack's Attack is just plain hilarious. My god, I don't think I've laughed that much in a long time. Hehehehe. Except for when I was drunk, but that doesn't count.

~

Ugh. Ugh. Daniel Craig is going to be Bond? Just let me keel over and die first.
*thud* Thanks. Gah. Gah. (He's from Tomb Raider? Wtf? And Sylvia. That guy! Omg! *Dies again*)

Oooh...that reminds me, somehow we're getting the movie channels...AND not being charged for it. Woo. ANd since that's happening...don't mind me signing off and going to watch them. Woo.

~ M.M.W ~


. . . . . . . . . . . .





SABRINA FAIR

20 year old. Student. Writer. Multinational corporation girl. Hopeless romantic who's heart has been broken far too many times. Still, however, searches for Celine's her Jesse.


FABULOUS THINGS

Autumn.
A U T U M N

Before Sunset
B E F O R E S U N S E T

Imogen Heap
I M O G E N H E A P

LJ SECRET
L J S E C R E T

Shoes
S H O E S

Living La Boheme
L I V I N G L A B O H E M E


T H E H I L L S

Sasha Pivovarova
S A S H A P I V O V A R O V A

Europe
E U R O P E

Calvin and Hobbes
C A L V I N A N D H O B B E S

Models
M O D E L S

Marc Jacobs Sunnies
M A R C J A C O B S

ARCHIVES