Sunday, July 24
Current Mood:
PleasedCurrent Music: Glory Box - Portishead
So, Em, with her fetish for Jude Law, is all up in arms and at the same time, in complete denial about his completely fuckwittage. Me on the other hand...
Me: Meh. I completely expected it...I mean, look at SIENNA!
Ames: Who's side are you on?
Me: Sadie Frost. She was so hot in Francis Ford Coppola's Bram Stoker's Dracula.
Mary: OMG. Is that the one with Keanu?
Me: Yeah.
Mary: OMG. HOT.
Me: OMG. CAN'T ACT.
Ames: OMG. ORLANDO.
Me: WHAT? Who's side are you on?
~
So. I've decided that if I want to be serious about writing, I have to be serious about it. None of this pansy, fan fiction writing for my friends only. I have to buckle down and get started, no matter how crap it is.
Yesterday I sat down and wrote the first few pages of WB Angels. And well, it is shitty. My characterisation is random and actually has no direction. There are no signs of a plot, only a singular foreshadowed romance and my scenery, involving lots of clouds and marble buildings is...for lack of a better word, cliche.
Yes, yes, I know. I'm being critical as hell. But I gotta be. I don't my book to be classified as a drudgery romance or a un-understandable, even by its author. And I certainly don't want it to be thrown on the $5 or less pile. My hard work must count for more than that. Sure, I'm never going to hit JK Rowling or Cassie Claire territory, but who knows, from some of the rubbish I've read, it could happen.
And then maybe...*eyes shimmer*...it could be made into a movie. And hellyeah, you know how much the rights to books have been bought for? Peter Suskind's Poison cost a fricking $12.5 million. OMG. HUZZAH. RICH.
~
Glancing through recent (2001?) Marketing exams. The questions don't seem too hard, even if I don't understand any of the concepts. Give me a break, I just started this stupid topic.
Q6. Define product positioning? Outline the basic positioning strategies that markets can follow. Explain how you would use one or more of these strategies to create a competitive advantage on a brand of shampoo.
See? Seems kinda fun actually. Yeah, yeah, I know A'mes. Probably isn't.
~
Mmm. I want to earn more money. I'm looking at all the IPOD stuff I want to buy. Its soo much fun instead of writing up LIS notes. Fun!
<
