Tuesday, August 9
Current Mood:
FlirtyCurrent Music: Black Dove - Tori Amos
Funny how some things become obsolete and other things don't. Am reading this interesting article by Jordan Lewitt, written in 1960, about marketing and why some industries fall to the dust while others plow on. Why? Lewitt puts forward a theory that there must be more 'consumer'-orientated businesses, analysing several 'growth industries' such as gas, oil, electricity, railroads and supermarkets. Its an interesting read, especially when he starts to predict things come twenty or thirty years later. Some are true. Others not so much. Kinda Marxist actually. Heh.
~
I guess I started that for a reason as I do many other things. This blogger is become more obsolete because I somehow manage to post more in live journal. Funny, isn't it? That, and I'm quite close to getting myself my own paid journal which is what I have been wanting for like fucking AGES. Ahem. I won't rant.
But there's nostalgia. I don't want to give up blogger because I've been here for two years but you'll have noticed that there is a great lack of posts for several months now. Terrible isn't? Cleo moved to LJ. And so did her partner in crime from their trailer review blog, which was horrible because I loved their reviews. Their 'The Aviator' was hilarious. Mmm...I miss it all.
But things change, right? Oh, how cliche. Mmmm...although cool quotes are back online, which is awesome. With new updates, which is even more awesome given their last update was in 2003. Shit. That was a while ago. Gah, y'all, I'm like so behind.
~
I C O N S
~
And to finish off, one of my favourite post cards from Post Secret...

Off to sleepies now. Law Meeting, MKC and fucking Micro tommorow. Blah.
~ M.M.W ~

