Sunday, October 9

Current Mood: Some of us pursue perfection and virtue and if we're lucky we catch up to it, but happiness cannot be pursued. It either comes to you or it don't. You can always say if only this or only that, but IF ONLY is a state of mind that we get into when we feel deprived. - Bob Dylan - Masked & Anonymous Panicky
Current Music: This is How A Heart Breaks - Rob Thomas

I have a current obsession with British comedies. No, not the old ones, although they were all wicked, especially the well-loved BlackAdder that never should have ended and the recent movie should have been longer. I do love the new ones now, like The Office, Coupling and Spaced (okay, 1999 is not recent but STILL). I watch Coupling every Wednesday night and I just saw the Christmas Special of the Office. There is something tantalising brilliant about England's generation of comedy now. There is something, shall I say very common and identifiable about the english yuppie who wants to travel, has pasty skin, natty British accent and works all day in an office. Something that is so just...British.

Sometimes, I wish there was something like that is just so markedly Australia. Alas, there is nothing. Just bloody stereotypes.

~

Watched Spirited Away again and discovered more trailers after the credits, and I found something. Did you know Judd Nelson (i.e. Bender from Breakfast Club) was the voice of the little boy in 'Transformers: The Movie'? I think its time to sing the song 'How Low Can You Go'. Dude. Then again, I recently saw him and his very much older self in 'Chronicles: From the Edge'. Oh yeah, prime time TV that is.

~

As for nanowrimo, I've come up with my first character via iconning. Her name is Signe, after my favourite photographer, Signe Vilstrup, and she's quite...shall, I say hypnotic, has a tendency to over-use the mascara and a penchant for fur. She's beautiful, no doubt, but tempermental and artistic. And she's the heroine, or is she? Such things shall be later determined once I focus on a plot and more characters. Alas, here she is:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Okay, off to bed and plotting and dreaming about how great my life will be in a few years. Oh shut up, I know, but it will be much better than it is now. Woof.

~ M.M.W ~


. . . . . . . . . . . .





SABRINA FAIR

20 year old. Student. Writer. Multinational corporation girl. Hopeless romantic who's heart has been broken far too many times. Still, however, searches for Celine's her Jesse.


FABULOUS THINGS

Autumn.
A U T U M N

Before Sunset
B E F O R E S U N S E T

Imogen Heap
I M O G E N H E A P

LJ SECRET
L J S E C R E T

Shoes
S H O E S

Living La Boheme
L I V I N G L A B O H E M E


T H E H I L L S

Sasha Pivovarova
S A S H A P I V O V A R O V A

Europe
E U R O P E

Calvin and Hobbes
C A L V I N A N D H O B B E S

Models
M O D E L S

Marc Jacobs Sunnies
M A R C J A C O B S

ARCHIVES